Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendrys Morales traded to Oakland

Per Jeff Passan on Twitter

So, uh, who else is excited to see Morales "play" 1B on the regular?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      So, uh, who else is excited to see Morales "play" 1B on the regular?
      Matt Olson is

Comment

Very relieved for Teoscar/McKinney PT crunch clearing up, and one less vet to clear the way for kids later this year. Also allows some room for B. Drury to slide into 3B/2B/DH rotation, if he hits. He's might fill the lead off or 2nd hole in the order, with Vlad and Grichuk knocking him in, could be worse. I love how my $2 Drury is shaping up so far.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Maybe krush can get OF soon too

Comment

does that mean Rowdy Tellez is going to play?
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              does that mean Rowdy Tellez is going to play?
              Dunno. In the near term they are promoting Alford.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Dunno. In the near term they are promoting Alford.
                I think they're gonna give Alford every chance to succeed or fail. I suspect the Teoscar/McKinney platoon moves from LF to DH, and Alford is given LF and the #9 spot in the order.

I don't think we'll see Tellez as long as Smoak is on the roster.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Matt Olson is
                  +1

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Very relieved for Teoscar/McKinney PT crunch clearing up, and one less vet to clear the way for kids later this year. Also allows some room for B. Drury to slide into 3B/2B/DH rotation, if he hits. He's might fill the lead off or 2nd hole in the order, with Vlad and Grichuk knocking him in, could be worse. I love how my $2 Drury is shaping up so far.
                  This too, since I have both Teo and McKinney.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    I don't think we'll see Tellez as long as Smoak is on the roster.
                    I may be very wrong on this - apparently Tellez has been seen this morning in Toronto

edit: weird - Tellez is listed on the 25 man roster this am, Alford is not ... tho Alford is in Toronto ... more to come ...

edit2: official word is that Tellez will take Morales spot on the roster, not Alford
                    Last edited by TranaGreg; 03-28-2019, 10:09 AM.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Moral of the story, never trust a Canadian, eh?

Comment

Effing hosers!!
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Effing hosers!!
                          Still shaking off the rust from the off-season?
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

well, this one for sure.

Apparently the decision to call up Tellez instead of Alford was made based on who they thought needed more regular ABs (they wanted Alford getting regular ABs in Buffalo) - which tells me that Tellez isn't going to be pegged into the DH slot on a daily basis. But again ... this is just me editorializing & my track record in this thread is pretty poor ...

Another by-product of the Morales trade will be a slot to put Vlad periodically when he's recalled - or maybe regularly

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Still shaking off the rust from the off-season?
                              He'll be in mid-season form by 5pm today once the majority of games are in progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X