YoungIns being sent down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoungIns being sent down

Some head scratching moves with some young guys recently. I'm interested if anyone has any thoughts or info on Senzel, Urias and Sisco being sent down. Is it service time with Urias and Senzel? As a Tribe fan could the Padres be considering him in a deal so they are saving some service time? Urias, Franmil and Morejon for Kluber?????
    Sisco killed it in spring and he lost rookie eligibility last season so it can't be with him. Confusing.

Senzel is injured, but they were probably going to try to play the service time game for him. The excuse was to send him down to get work in CF. Now it doesn't matter since he'll be out for a while anyway.
    Urias and Sisco already have some service time, that's not likely a service time manipulation issue.

Comment

Re: Urias, after they made the Tatis decision, it makes sense for him to get regular AB's in the minors. Urias seems more major league ready than Tatis and you'd think they wouldn't want to start Tatis' clock, anyway, so I can't say that I totally understand it, but who knows what the long game is.

Comment

With Sisco, my guess it's for defense. Not sure how he looked in ST, but he has a rep as a poor defender/receiver. He started catching late as a senior in HS.

With Urias/Tatis, I assume they just want the best player up. They spent $300m on Machado, and why screw around with service time in one of his few remaining prime years. But I predict Tatis gets sent back down after a month. A near 30% K-rate in AA doesn't bode well. He also did nothing in ST against a meager OppQual 6.8. He's great for his age, but that doesn't mean he's ready.

Comment

Working...
        X