CBS Support shortcut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Support shortcut?

Seems like in the past someone posted a phone number you could call... I asked a question and opened a ticket but it's been 3 days with no response.

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
    Seems like in the past someone posted a phone number you could call... I asked a question and opened a ticket but it's been 3 days with no response.
    They've been ridiculously slow.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Switch to fantrax

Comment

877-266-6474

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
          877-266-6474
          This. Just press zero and it takes you to the technical help desk.

Switch to fantrax
          Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Fantrax to fix the position issue for the RJ Mock.

Comment

Good to know thanks!
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Fantrax to fix the position issue for the RJ Mock.
              don't play bestball

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                877-266-6474
                This worked and they fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

Comment

The Japan series has been a major disaster for CBS. As usual, their programmers, most of whom probably don't play the game, didn't realize that most drafts would be held AFTER this series. So for any league commissioner, this has been a major headache because: 1) they initially loused it up (keeper leagues were seeing pre-season contracts/salaries even after their auctions) and had to correct it without notification; and 2) they didn't notify commissioners that the BEST way to have the series in your league's schedule was to make it it's OWN period and not have it as one larger period.

By adding the games to Period 1 (i.e. March 20-31), without CBS guidance, you were now faced with:
                  - needing to change lineups for everyone due to locked players;
                  - running waivers and seeing that it's reflected for Period 2 and not Period 1;
                  - owners dropping players and realizing they're being dropped for Period 2 and not Period 1;

And if you Copied the Rosters Back from Period 2 to Period 1 to correct this problematic waiver run, it erased all contracts/salaries to their pre-season status and then forced owners to make lineup changes AGAIN or to inform the commish that so and so was locked and not in their lineup.

As a seasoned commish who's been using CBS since the mid-1990s, I'm very annoyed with them over this seemingly simple issue.

Comment

Yep, I manually changed our schedule and all the contracts reverted to pre-auction statuses. I finally told them on the 4th email that it needed to be fixed before we ran our FAAB and they got it done, but really unimpressive start to the season.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Yahoo took the road of less software programming and just didn't count the Japan games for leagues drafting later. Maybe it was a good thing after all.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

How can this be so difficult? We've backdated our CBS league for many years and never had an issue. Just roll it into week1 and be done. How did CBS screw it up so badly?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          How can this be so difficult? We've backdated our CBS league for many years and never had an issue. Just roll it into week1 and be done. How did CBS screw it up so badly?
                          Their software must believe March 20 is not a part of the regular season. Backdating it from Period 2 (week of April 1) to Period 1 (beginning 3/20) reverted all of the extensions and contract status. I had to call CBS for RJEL where there were way too many to re-do, but for my smaller keeper league (only 4 keepers) which had its auction last night, I just re-did it myself.

In fact, for RJEL, it was a major, major headache because we discovered 3 hours before the auction that all of the extensions reverted back, and they weren't able to be changed. Then out of nowhere, just as the auction was starting, they changed back.

Comment

I haven't tried calling yet (just submitted an email) but my league's problem is related. We changed Period 1 to start 3/20 to include the Japan games. Then during add/drops of our reserve players, somehow one team got an extra player in Period 1. So, for the first half of Pd.1 the roster is correct (23 players), but then for 3/28-3/31 there is an extra player, making it illegal. If I drop a player for that team in Pd.1, then the first half has too few players (22), making it illegal while the second part is OK. I can't seem to address this mid-period roster change with the add/drop tool. Short of changing the rules to allow either an extra or one fewer player on a team, does anyone have an idea of how to "reset" or "override" what roster a team has for a past period?

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                              I haven't tried calling yet (just submitted an email) but my league's problem is related. We changed Period 1 to start 3/20 to include the Japan games. Then during add/drops of our reserve players, somehow one team got an extra player in Period 1. So, for the first half of Pd.1 the roster is correct (23 players), but then for 3/28-3/31 there is an extra player, making it illegal. If I drop a player for that team in Pd.1, then the first half has too few players (22), making it illegal while the second part is OK. I can't seem to address this mid-period roster change with the add/drop tool. Short of changing the rules to allow either an extra or one fewer player on a team, does anyone have an idea of how to "reset" or "override" what roster a team has for a past period?
                              I think you can reset that using Service Times under Roster Management.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                              X