Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used CBS for 20+ years, and this year has been the worst ever. To wit:

- Opening day live stats didn't work for hours
    - When they finally did work, they didn't include the Yankee-Blue Jays game stats
    - Up until it was finally corrected yesterday, the boxscores only showed totals and ratios for that game only, not for the season
    - the Yanks-Jays game on Saturday locked 5 hours too early
    - yesterday, the live standings on the app only showed Week 2 totals - not season-long totals

For fantasy football, their app doesn't calculate the fantasy pts per game average correctly, unlike on their site -- it wrongly adds in bye weeks and missed games. I've complained about this error for years and they have yet to correct it. Additionally, the very helpful "On Pace" line on the player card was replaced by their very unhelpful "Projected Stats" line -- which is useless. What good is showing a RB is projected for 500 yards when he already has 1,000? It just shows how wrong they were.

I swear, I think the CBS programmers do not play fantasy sports at all. There's virtually no QC of their product. If there were better solutions out there with a great app, I'd switch all my leagues. But there's not.

Comment

They're so pathetic. After getting hung up on after a 30-minute hold, I called back and was informed only "they're working on it".
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

We walked from CBS about six years ago now to Fantrax, and you guys are making me really, really happy we did that.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          We walked from CBS about six years ago now to Fantrax, and you guys are making me really, really happy we did that.
          Fantrax doesn't have an app, is that still right?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Fantrax doesn't have an app, is that still right?
            They do on iPhone, but don't know on Android. Nor can I tell you how good or bad it is....since this techno-peasant doesn't use it.

Comment

This is clearly why I'm in last in RJEL.

:shiftyeyes:
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

And another CBS glitch:
                - all SF Giant player stats from last night have not been added. WTF??

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                  This is clearly why I'm in last in RJEL.

:shiftyeyes:
                  hey get out of my spot!
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    And another CBS glitch:
                    - all SF Giant player stats from last night have not been added. WTF??
                    They probably considered that a feature rather than a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      They probably considered that a feature rather than a bug.
                      LOL, but I need my Donovan Solano SB!

Comment

CBS's lead fantasy article ("The Top 14 Prospects to Stash Now") links to the wrong Wander Franco, leading to that non-entity's rise in rostering to over 3% of all fantasy leagues. LOL. I'm convinced the CBS programmers are not baseball fans.

Comment

It is absolutely mind-boggling that CBS has not corrected a glitch in their app that resets the live standings at the start of every scoring period. So if you're in a league with daily or weekly lineup changes, the live standings resets as if not a single game has been played this season. If you're in a league with multiple scoring periods within a single week (like RJEL), it resets it twice a week. Just unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                          X