2019: Chris Paddack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Sent down to high-A. Supposedly to limit his innings.
    Hmmm... the second place team has him at $18A. I wonder what it would take to get him?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Hmmm... the second place team has him at $18A. I wonder what it would take to get him?
      I own him Paddack at $21, with Scherzer $65, Woodruff $5, Eflin $5, Strahm $5, Pivetta $3, and Desclafini $5. My only closer is Hader $13. Even with all of that depth, I hate dealing SP's... i guess if i were offered a good package for Paddack I would need to listen. Now is the time to scoop him up.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Good decision by the Pads. He now avoids the start in Coors this weekend which might have been disastrous given his recent struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I own him Paddack at $21, with Scherzer $65, Woodruff $5, Eflin $5, Strahm $5, Pivetta $3, and Desclafini $5. My only closer is Hader $13. Even with all of that depth, I hate dealing SP's... i guess if i were offered a good package for Paddack I would need to listen. Now is the time to scoop him up.
          I too own Scherzer 54, Eflin 7 and have only one closer Yates at $3. My other pitchers of note are Ryu 9, Hill 8 and Nola 29. NL only 12 team 5x5.

Not sure what I would give for Paddack at 18?

Comment

Paddack paying out at $20 so far.

3.84 xERA vs 3.19 ERA and struggles against strong offense give mild pause, but his control - 24 BB - is stellar.

has 104 IP, seems primed to exceed my guess of 120 IP in NL. but Padres have faded out of contention, so is he due for a bogus IL stint or another demotion?
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

They've been consistently cautious with his pitch count every game in the 85-95 pitch range.

I suspect they will have him get extended rest between starts soon, possibly skipping a start altogether once or twice. I doubt he goes back to minors again, just continued handling with kid gloves.

Comment

I'm kind of amazed at how close to our expectations he has come so far.

this is a meteor, with ultra-wide ranges of possibilities, that is nearing its 2019 landing spot not far off most projections.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  They've been consistently cautious with his pitch count every game in the 85-95 pitch range.

I suspect they will have him get extended rest between starts soon, possibly skipping a start altogether once or twice. I doubt he goes back to minors again, just continued handling with kid gloves.
                  He has pitched 115 innings to date, is there a chance they shut him down soon? Our league playoffs start next week (for me in two weeks, I have a bye), and I'm worried I'll be put into a pickle if they shut him down during our playoffs.

Comment

5 hrs ago) Paddack may be shut down at some point this season, though the Padres are conflicted about taking such action, Kevin Acee of The San Diego Union-Tribune reports.
                    In light of Paddack's recent struggles, there is concern in the Padres organization that the 23-year-old is fatigued and could benefit from extended rest or a complete shutdown. However, the prevailing viewpoint indicates that Paddack may best be served by being allowed to work through his slump and make five or six more starts. The plan for now seems to be to allow him extra rest between starts and to adjust his end-of-season schedule based on how he feels. After a dominant July in which Paddack posted a 1.90 ERA in 23.2 innings, he has stumbled to a 10.06 ERA in 17 frames in August.

Comment

it seems like good teams really take him to the woodshed.

that shed - er, said - don't panic longterm. he's a stud.

as for this year? well, we warned about a possible late shutdown back in spring training.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

has paid out $19, so a win for many owners this year and many more can expect same next year

09.17... Chris Paddack has been shut down for the remainder of the 2019 season.
                        Spin: Paddack was excellent in his final start of the year on Tuesday night against the Brewers, allowing just one hit and one walk over five innings of one-run ball while racking up nine strikeouts. He finishes his rookie campaign with a 3.33 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, and 153/31 K/BB ratio in 140 2/3 innings. Paddack threw just 90 innings last year in the minors after returning from Tommy John surgery and the out-of-contention Padres didn't want to risk pushing him too far. The 23-year-old right-hander can be a top-20 fantasy starter in 2020.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                        X