2019: Chris Paddack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019: Chris Paddack

I've had him on my dynasty team since last year and now he's won a rotation spot and will make his debut on Sunday. He started making a great comeback from TJ surgery in 2016 and it's continued into the spring. Paddack posted an impressive 2.13 ERA with 20 strikeouts and just two walks over 12.2 innings during camp. I don't expect that he will work deep into games. That will limit his fantasy worth initially, but he is an exciting prospect no doubt.

Totally agree, but think we shouldn't hold our breath for more than 130-140 IP. Still, that could mean 175 Ks.

Comment

I landed him in my sim league which is hold forever, so pretty stoked to see how he performs.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm on record for Paddack not getting more than 100 IP for the Padres in 2019.

I could be wrong.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

He is available for auction in our 12 NL only keeper.

I think the hype will put him out of my bidding range. Maybe in the heat of the battle he slips through to the end game. Not likely but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            He is available for auction in our 12 NL only keeper.

I think the hype will put him out of my bidding range. Maybe in the heat of the battle he slips through to the end game. Not likely but you never know.
            Very unlikely...I had him targeted for the end-game but he went for $8 in my 12-team mixed.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Very unlikely...I had him targeted for the end-game but he went for $8 in my 12-team mixed.
              Yeah, probably so. Was he brought up early or did he make it to the endgame and a couple of people had money?

Maybe the play is to bring him out early and let others fight over him while they have money?

Comment

Very cool way for Paddack to find out he made the team...

After last night's game, Manager Andy Green was addressing the team and he asked Hosmer where he was gonna be Sunday & Hos said playing first base in SD behind Paddy. Paddack found out right there & then he made the team.

He gets the start on Sunday. Which sucks because I'm going to the game on Saturday.

For the firs time in a looooooong time there's actual optimism in San Diego for the future (outside of that one year when Preller went nuts and traded for Kemp, Upton, Kimbrel, Shields, Myers...)

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                  Very cool way for Paddack to find out he made the team...

After last night's game, Manager Andy Green was addressing the team and he asked Hosmer where he was gonna be Sunday & Hos said playing first base in SD behind Paddy. Paddack found out right there & then he made the team.

He gets the start on Sunday. Which sucks because I'm going to the game on Saturday.

For the firs time in a looooooong time there's actual optimism in San Diego for the future (outside of that one year when Preller went nuts and traded for Kemp, Upton, Kimbrel, Shields, Myers...)
                  I hope your team plays well for you and you have fun with it this year.

I also hope Franchy is a monster for m...er you.

Comment

I got him in the 12TO league. Might have overpaid for him at $16 but excited that he is playing. Might see him at least innings-wise something like how Buehler was handled last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Yeah, probably so. Was he brought up early or did he make it to the endgame and a couple of people had money?

Maybe the play is to bring him out early and let others fight over him while they have money?
                      About 2/3 of the way through. Given his hype is as high as ever, I'd toss him early because there's no way he's going cheap at the end.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        About 2/3 of the way through. Given his hype is as high as ever, I'd toss him early because there's no way he's going cheap at the end.
                        I think you are right. Maybe right after deGrom and Kershaw.

Comment

I tossed him early tonight. A 12-team NL-only. Most of the big names were kept or tossed out before. For reference, Scherzer went for $49, Kershaw $29, and Bumgarner for $30. Paddack went for $17.

Comment

How different is Paddack than Rich Hill? He's never done it at the major league level, sure. But the odds seem good that he'll give you 100-130 strong innings. With realistically no chance of getting more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              How different is Paddack than Rich Hill? He's never done it at the major league level, sure. But the odds seem good that he'll give you 100-130 strong innings. With realistically no chance of getting more than that.
                              This the type of discussion that is so helpful.

I am not a fan of Mr. Blisters and I like my shiney new toys. Both Hill and Paddack are back in the auction this weekend. If I could have one of these for only this year at the same price Hill should be the choice. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
                              X