Keeper or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper or not?

12-Team, AL-ONLY, 4X4 Auction Keeper League (max 9 keepers per year). 30+ year competitive league.

Hitting - HR's, RBI's, AVERAGE, STEALS
    Pitching - WINS, ERA, WHIP, SAVES

Trying to decided whether to keep 9 players. Do you think I should keep 1 of the following 3: Castellanos $25, Grichuk $18 or Zunino $12?

In most leagues, you might be able able to grab one of these guys at a lower auction price. Our league always inflates hitting at the auction and I'm confident they will go for these prices or higher (depending on when they are nominated). I also need to decided on expiring contracts.
    Please help, I need to turn in by the end of the day.

Thanks in advance!

Snell $2 2019(contract expiring, probably going to sign long-term for $5)
    Lelclerc $7 2020
    Mancini $3 2019(contract expiring, should I sign long-term for $5?)
    Candelario $8 2020
    Soler $5 2020
    Bauers $5 2020(ml)
    Merrifield $22 2019
    B. Lowe $8 2019

Castellanos $25 2019
    Grichuk $18 2019
    Zunino $12 2019

Forgot to mention $260 Auction Budget

Comment

Welcome to the board.

Without looking at the rest of the teams as well as what is back in auction, I most likely would keep Zunino an then go endgame $1 for my second catcher.

I would give Snell a year, maybe even two.

Comment

No, no, no on Zunino in a 4x4 league. AVG is too important. If I was going to keep any of those 3 hitters it would be Castellanos. Why can't he be a .290-28-95 guy? I would give Snell a year, but wouldn't argue if you wanted to go two. Just conservative on pitchers. I would not extend Mancini.

Comment

Castellanos for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Welcome to the board.

Without looking at the rest of the teams as well as what is back in auction, I most likely would keep Zunino an then go endgame $1 for my second catcher.

I would give Snell a year, maybe even two.
            I would keep Zunino and use the extra savings to buy a higher ave. speed player.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I would keep Zunino and use the extra savings to buy a higher ave. speed player.
              Isn't Castellanos worth more than $13 over Zunino though? For me he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Isn't Castellanos worth more than $13 over Zunino though? For me he is.
                Maybe. For me it depends on what is back in the auction. There are a handful of catchers I would pay more than a few bucks for. I probably didn't phrase my thoughts well I would take the extra savings an add it to some more not in place of. So it would not be Zunino and a $13 OF.

I like Castellanos but is Pham or Upton available for the same money. Catcher is so thin what is available that is comparable? I would keep them both if I could. $38 for those two is good.

Comment

I'm in a similar format, and I wouldnt keep any of them.
                  Castellanos is pretty close to at-value - if you like him, keep him.
                  One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Everyone here confirmed what I was thinking...
                    I went with Castellanos $25 as my last keeper. I extended Snell $2 for 1 year for $5
                    Thanks for all the advise!!

Comment

Originally posted by gold standard View Post
                      Everyone here confirmed what I was thinking...
                      Everyone but Gregg that is

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Everyone but Gregg that is
                        Very funny Mr. Zig

Regards,

Mr.Zag

Comment

Working...
                        X