Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auction yesterday..Hit me with your best thoughts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction yesterday..Hit me with your best thoughts!

14 team mixed..5x5...$300 budget..up to 9 keepers

29th year for the league which includes RJ members Madducks and Mag7 .

My team with my keepers in Bold.

C - Dan Jansen $2 The top tier catchers were kept, so I really didn't focus on spending money for a catcher. He's as good any of the rest.
    1B - Luke Voit $12 Hope last year and ST are legit and he continues to rake
    2B - Odor $19 I am very pleased to get him to add to my power numbers
    3B - Mikael Franco $9 I waited on 3B and he is what i got. Meh
    SS - Andrelton Simmons $1 Won't hurt in any category
    OF - JD Martinez $51
    OF - Stanton $50
    OF - Piscotty $2
    OF - Renfroe $1

UTIL - Billy Hamilton $9 I needed speed and got it. Am i missing something about him as he only went for $9? I know he stinks at the plate, but won't he run wild in KC If he gets on base that is!
    UTIL - Amed Rosario $11 Should help with the speed at what I think was a very good price
    Bench - Domingo Santana $9 Plenty of upside from him
    Bench - Franchy Cordero $1 I called him out expecting someone to bid $2. No one did. Has the tools, but will he play enough?
    Bench - Jarrod Dyson $4 I didn't know that AZ had signed Adam Jones relegating him to 4th OF. Maybe he gets 20 SB to help out??

SP - Degrom $56
    SP - Stripling $1
    SP - Lucchesi $1

SP - Rich Hill $8 I had no idea that he was hurt (knee) Just give me 125 or so IP.
    SP - Matt Strahm $12 Didn't really want to pay this much, but one other owner wanted him too. Very late in the draft and I had the cash to go this much
    P - Woodruff - $3
    P - Wily Peralta $1 Will he close? I took a flyer with my last pick
    RP - Hand $6
    RP David Robertson $20 I sure hope he is closing for Philly!
    Bench - Wacha $11 Overpay but it was late in the auction and not many decent SP left
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I really like Franchy at a buck and Woodruff at $3.

Comment

The Good: Besides the obvious with JD, Stanton, & deGrom, i think Rosario, Santana, Lucchesi, Woodruff, & Wacha will all improve this year.

The Bad: Hamilton & Dyson will hurt you in 3 of 5 categories. So, for your sake they better run wild.

The ugly: Peralta is a ticking time bomb.

Overall, the team looks kind of middle of the pack to me with batting average being a weakness.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It's all luck.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          The Good: Besides the obvious with JD, Stanton, & deGrom, i think Rosario, Santana, Lucchesi, Woodruff, & Wacha will all improve this year.

The Bad: Hamilton & Dyson will hurt you in 3 of 5 categories. So, for your sake they better run wild.

The ugly: Peralta is a ticking time bomb.

Overall, the team looks kind of middle of the pack to me with batting average being a weakness.
          Thanks! On its own my team might not look like a title contender. But when I look at the other 13 teams I don't see more than 2 or 3 that are better overall.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            It's all luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              It's all luck.
              No. It's that luck is a bigger factor than most want to admit.

Comment

you forgot to list your second catcher

#crossthread
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  you forgot to list your second catcher

#crossthread
                  ?????

Comment

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...second+catcher

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Thanks for the analysis.

Comment

it's a mixed league with only one catching slot - I can't handle that

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          it's a mixed league with only one catching slot - I can't handle that
                          The judge is mental.

Comment

The problem with Billy is he can't steal 1st base. And as already stated, he'll end up hurting you more than helping.
                            I like Franchy, especially for a buck. They say if a player is good enough, they'll find a way to play them. I'm a Franchy believer.

Comment

Working...
                            X