19-year league - HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19-year league - HDID

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    5 SP / 4 P with no season cap
    keep 6 major/4 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Realmuto $24 1st year keeper
    1B - O'Hearn $3
    2B - Brandon Lowe $9
    3B - Wendle $9
    SS - Kingery $9
    CI - Cozart $11
    MI - Merrifield $16 2nd year keeper
    OF - Harper $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Trout $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $16 2nd year keeper
    OF - Bader $7
    DH - Renfroe $5
    SP - Nola $11 3rd year keeper
    SP - Junis $1
    SP - Kikuchi $17
    SP - Odorizzi $1
    SP - Roark $1
    P - Alvarado $14
    P - Bradley $8
    P - Hicks $11
    P - Woodruff $1
    BN - Pederson $5
    BN - Sheffield $5
    BN - Hudson $5
    MN - Rodgers $10
    MN - Paddack $10

We draft our reserves at $5 followed by our minors draft at $1. I feel like the offense should be okay, although I would like to upgrade my 2B/SS. The back end of my rotation isn't that great plus I would like to find a couple of set-up guys or closers in waiting.

Thoughts from the RJ crowd?
    Last edited by DJRadar; 03-26-2019, 11:11 PM. Reason: updated roster

Lowe, Wendle, Kingery is the section that needs work. Roark, Odorizzi same deal on the pitching side. Woodruff will help your rotation, however. ohearn and Cozart are cheap, but not really great corner guys.

Overall should be in the mix but probably not a title contender this year. Good luck!
    Last edited by Sharky; 03-25-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

With the keepers you had, I think I would rather have taken some of the $33 you spent on relievers and $41 you spent on mediocre infielders and gotten at least one more decent starter. If Paddack isn't great (which admittedly I think he will be) you have a mediocre-to-awful rotation, and with him it's still pretty average. $142 in premium hitting keepers really should let you put those $1 players on your offense, not your pitching - a 75/25 split when most of your hitting money is already on underpriced players is really a bit much.

All that said, it still might work out, and maybe adding the sixth category makes a premium-reliever-heavy strategy work? What's your innings minimum? Could you turn Junis/Odorizzi/Roark into, like, Trivino and Hirano and Oh and dump W/K?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Seems weird to punt holds. Did you know Bradley was a setup guy when you bought him? I guess that's what Rogers is for?

I would be much more inclined to focus on $1 RPs in this league than $1 SPs. That Junis/Roark/Odorizzi trio seems to hold nothing but pain. Infield could use some work. I'd be trying to deal a reliever for a bat and fill in with Rogers or a free agent pickup. Makes me feel better about paying $1 for Cozart and $2 for Kingery in a 15-teamer though

Comment

I didn't know Bradley was a set-up guy, but I don't have faith in Holland either.

This is the first year we don't have an innings requirement. We've switched to using 5 SP and 4 P.

Comment

Working...
          X