Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick extension questions, 10-team AL

10-team AL 5x5.

Extensions are the normal $5/year thing. Inflation is 25%-ish - last year Sale went for $49, Kluber $53. Kimbrel and Chapman were kept last year at $29 each.

Bauer $3, Snell $6, and Treinen $5 all need extensions. My default would be to do Bauer and Snell $10 each to make them expire in 2021 and Treinen $5, but that still feels like they're going to be super underpriced. What do you think?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    10-team AL 5x5.

Extensions are the normal $5/year thing. Inflation is 25%-ish - last year Sale went for $49, Kluber $53. Kimbrel and Chapman were kept last year at $29 each.

Bauer $3, Snell $6, and Treinen $5 all need extensions. My default would be to do Bauer and Snell $10 each to make them expire in 2021 and Treinen $5, but that still feels like they're going to be super underpriced. What do you think?
    They're pitchers. One or two of them have a decent chance to get injured and be out for a while. At the very least suffer diminishing results. Extending all 3 a couple of years would seem to be the prudent thing to do IMO. You may want to extend even another year...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      10-team AL 5x5.

That's what you want. If they are not super overpriced you have a higher risk of them not returning positive value. Starters get hurt. Closers get traded as setup men. I think $10 for the starters and $5 for Treinen is the most you can extend and still have them represent significant positive value.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Thanks! Actually one more question since I am waffling - last keeper, Jorge Polanco 9 or JDMartinez 46? My other hitting keepers are mostly decent players at good discounts - WCastillo, Miggy, Chapman, Gallo, Mazara, Vlad - and all the other top hitters other than Stanton and Altuve will be kept at about half their fair price.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I agree with the extensions, and I'd keep JD, pricey as he is. You have good values with your other keepers, so you can afford to keep one of the very best hitters in baseball at full retail. That is what you should do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I agree with the extensions, and I'd keep JD, pricey as he is. You have good values with your other keepers, so you can afford to keep one of the very best hitters in baseball at full retail. That is what you should do.
            Agree with this.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
            X