Home openers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home openers.

Are any of you going to your favorite team's home opener?

I have been to several Cub's home openers over the years. It can be very cold. I was not planning on going to this years just going to watch it on tv. A friend of mine just invited me to go on April 8th. Now that I have the invite old Gregg is actually looking forward to it. I hope it is at least 50 degrees with the wind blowing out.

Any of you going to yours?

I haven't been to one in a looong time. I always tried to catch a game within the first couple of weeks of the season tho when the crowds are about as small as anytime through the season ... probably won't be able to this year tho.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Wow forgot I used to this back when the Phillies played at the Vet. Last one I went to was around 2003 Phillies vs Pirates. Dang is was cold that day around 35 degrees out. Haven't gone to one since CBP park opened up.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Haven't gone to opening day since the first one at PNC Park in 2001. Temperature was in the upper 30's to lower 40's (F 2 U Cers ). Didn't feel like a real baseball game since i was all bundled up.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm going to the Giants home opener
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
          X