Cut down time coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut down time coming

Please select two of the following keeper options in NL 5x5 15 offense, 10 pitchers, 280 cap

Minter $1B
    O’Neill $5B
    Steckenrider $4B
    Franchy Cordero $4B
    Brinson $5B
    Touki $3B
    O. Herrera OF $11 Final year

Minter plus O'Neill (if you are weak in HR) or Brinson (if short in SB)
    WAIT - Steckenrider and Minter.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Touki for sure.
      Im torn between franchy, brinson and herrera. Question is how much risk you want to take. If you want a higher floor take herrera. If it were me, Id take a shot on upside- probably Franchy. Seems like he should get ample AB as the only lefty in that outfield. Cant fault buying into Brinson’s hot spring too.

Comment

I'd rank them like this:

Minter $1B
        ~
        Steckenrider $4B
        O’Neill $5B
        ~
        Franchy Cordero $4B
        Touki $3B
        ~
        Brinson $5B

If I thought I REALLY needed SBs over power, I might swap Cordero and O'Neill, but you HAVE to keep the closers first. I think you can safely ink in 20 saves for those two guys (and I suspect they'll net closer to 40) and for $5, that should be impossible to pass up.

Comment

There's probably an argument to be made for any of these guys depending on your team needs.

If it was my team with my current keepers I would take Minter and Steckenreider.

Just take what fits your team needs best, don't think there is a right or wrong answer on this one.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Dane;337421]I'd rank them like this:

Minter $1B
            ~
            Steckenrider $4B
            O’Neill $5B
            ~
            Franchy Cordero $4B
            Touki $3B
            ~
            Brinson $5B

If I thought I REALLY needed SBs over power, I might swap Cordero and O'Neill, but you HAVE to keep the closers first.

I have Vizcaino. Does that change your view?

Comment

Minter was the lock anyway. if you have Vizcaino, he's even lockier.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                Minter was the lock anyway. if you have Vizcaino, he's even lockier.
                Agreed.

Comment

Minter and Steckenrider or Brinson. Only Brinson if you believe his spring change, and I am skeptical. Hell, I am fading O'Neil because he has been described as Pedro Cerrano, and well, in the majors there are too many pitchers who can throw off-speed stuff for strikes.

Comment

The consensus seems to tilt toward Minter and Steckenrider. Doesn’t anyone have concern over Minter’s injury (problably OK) and Steckenrider’s poor ST performance with Romo looming?
                    I also have Freddy Peralta $1

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
                      The consensus seems to tilt toward Minter and Steckenrider. Doesn’t anyone have concern over Minter’s injury (problably OK) and Steckenrider’s poor ST performance with Romo looming?
                      I also have Freddy Peralta $1
                      I really don't have any interest in Steckenrider. Romo is looming and Conley is a better pitcher than either of them.

I'd keep Minter and ... I dunno, someone else. Probably that $1 Peralta, in all honesty. I like O'Neill but now Ozuna is healthy. I like Franchy but SD is too unpredictable.I think I like Touki more than Franchy or O'Neill.

Comment

Question may be moot to some degree. It appears that the Mets are keeping my minor leaguer Alonso on the 25 man roster. If that is the case I guess I go with Minter who is going to pitch BP soon and Alonso as my last two keepers. Thanks to all for your opinions. They were helpful. Just wish we had a bigger keeper list.

Comment

I have a more expensive Minter at $10 with decision time tomorrow. Braves now rumored to be the only competitor with the Brewers for Kimbrel. If that is not settled tonight then Minter is out for me, but at your $1 he still looks good.

Comment

Working...
                          X