Nl closer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitbull View Post

Phi - Robertson vs Seranthony? Kapler MO is to spread the saves around.
    Don't expect this situation to make any sense all year, unless they make a midseason deal.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

the Kimbrel situation is even worse in our no FAAB league. The lucky owner will be someone who has a roster opening due to injury. Everyone at the auction will be after an injured pitcher just to have a shot at it.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        the Kimbrel situation is even worse in our no FAAB league. The lucky owner will be someone who has a roster opening due to injury. Everyone at the auction will be after an injured pitcher just to have a shot at it.
        My league used to do pickups that way. It sucked.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I'm talking about making it not reserve. In recent years the top end of the reserve draft has gained value due to the potentially unsigned guys. That wasn't originally the intention of the reserve draft.
          An easy fix is to require any FAAB bid over $25. be kept on the following year's keeper list [assuming a keeper league]. If re-draft, I guess you just have to live with it.
          Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            In my AL league with no FAAB, we discussed pre-auction (this past Saturday) and agreed to allow bidding on any player who isn't on an NL roster (MLB or minors), so if you wanted to bid on Kimbrel or Keuchel or Gio Gonzalez, you could, but you carried the risk of them signing with the NL and needing to be dropped. Kimbrel went for $9 and then Keuchel went for $6 to the same risk-taking owner. Gio went for $1 (before he was picked up by the Yanks).

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
              An easy fix is to require any FAAB bid over $25. be kept on the following year's keeper list [assuming a keeper league]. If re-draft, I guess you just have to live with it.
              I think you missed that I'm focusing on the reserve draft portion.

Comment

Even if Kimbrel signs now, what are the chances he will be on the OD roster? Won't he be left in extended Spring Training for a couple of weeks?
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  Even if Kimbrel signs now, what are the chances he will be on the OD roster? Won't he be left in extended Spring Training for a couple of weeks?
                  Or does he just go on the IL until ready?

Comment

Probably. But he'd still presumably jump into the Diaz/Jansen tier for the NL closers.

Comment

I think the players' agreement has rules about putting non-injured players on the IL.

Obviously it makes a big difference if it determines whether he could be auctioned/drafted.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

BTW, Ms. Lucky has a new pet peeve...use of the term "auction draft", which she keeps hearing on fantasy sports radio. She cracks me up sometimes. It was last year about this time that she asked me, out of the blue, "What kind of name is 'Mookie', anyway?"

Comment

I think the players' agreement has rules about putting non-injured players on the IL.

Obviously it makes a big difference if it determines whether he could be auctioned/drafted.
                          Then what would he be? He can't just be sent to the minors. He'd have to be optioned and he wouldn't have any options, right? (Or maybe he would? The Phillies optioned Arrieta last year in this scenario)

I'm sure IL covers the scenario where you just haven't had time to get ready, I think that has been used in past years, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Then what would he be? He can't just be sent to the minors. He'd have to be optioned and he wouldn't have any options, right? (Or maybe he would? The Phillies optioned Arrieta last year in this scenario)

I'm sure IL covers the scenario where you just haven't had time to get ready, I think that has been used in past years, no?
                            I wonder if you can be in Extended ST even if you don't have options?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              I wonder if you can be in Extended ST even if you don't have options?
                              No, you have to be optioned.

Comment

we do a controversial "common sense" rule for such issues.

if a star player signs late, even though we can only draft "major league NL players," we allow for duh exceptions.
                                so last year Arrieta and GHolland were in our auction.

and if a former All-Star doesn't sign with an NL team until after the auction, we simply treat him as we do with any player arriving from the AL during the season - he goes to our FAAB that otherwise only applies to the latter players.

all of these are with unanimous consent, because - well, common sense.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X