Nl closer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    BTW, Ms. Lucky has a new pet peeve...use of the term "auction draft", which she keeps hearing on fantasy sports radio. She cracks me up sometimes. It was last year about this time that she asked me, out of the blue, "What kind of name is 'Mookie', anyway?"
    I find myself using the term "auction draft" more when describing my local league on Rotojunkie. It's become a habit for me to refer to "the draft" when conversing with people in my league who already know that it is actually an auction. But, outsiders will incorrectly assume that i'm referring to a snake draft unless i precede it with the word "auction".
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      I find myself using the term "auction draft" more when describing my local league on Rotojunkie. It's become a habit for me to refer to "the draft" when conversing with people in my league who already know that it is actually an auction. But, outsiders will incorrectly assume that i'm referring to a snake draft unless i precede it with the word "auction".
      That term is actually the most technically correct one for both my leagues. We have an auction for our 23 man rosters, then we have a draft for our 13 man reserves.

Comment

Likewise! Keep using it and irritate her!
        Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
        X