Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Seems fair, good move.
    Yeah it works for both of us I kept Kluber and sale so we matched up well. Should work for us both.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Yep, As a pitcher only there is no reason to keep him. Easily could get him back for a lot less. This crippled you at auction.
      Totally, False, IMO...I let a 25 dollar Ohtani go and he sold for 26 and he'll easily be worth much more if he comes back strong as a pitcher.

I'm assuming that he can be used as a DH this season...if not, you'd better be in full rebuild mode or Gregg will turn out to be correct.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Totally, False, IMO...I let a 25 dollar Ohtani go and he sold for 26 and he'll easily be worth much more if he comes back strong as a pitcher.

I'm assuming that he can be used as a DH this season...if not, you'd better be in full rebuild mode or Gregg will turn out to be correct.
        Yeah, I'll be able to use Ohtani as a DH this season. He hit 22 HRs in 326 ABs last year, and he'll probably get at least 400 plate appearances this year, so he should help me a lot this season, and that's with him rehabbing as a pitcher.

Comment

Are you talking about RJEL? The split-week thing we have makes Ohtani way more valuable.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            Are you talking about RJEL? The split-week thing we have makes Ohtani way more valuable.
            Yes, the RJEL, and I damn sure should have kept him...I didn't see what the league set-up was for minnehan's league. if it's daily, it's a no brainer IMO. Weekly, it's tougher, but still doable...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I read it as he was a pitcher only.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I read it as he was a pitcher only.
                We use CBS, and they allow him to be both pitcher and hitter. And yes, we use weekly, not daily. I wish it was daily, but...

Comment

Originally posted by minnehan View Post
                  We use CBS, and they allow him to be both pitcher and hitter. And yes, we use weekly, not daily. I wish it was daily, but...
                  Might want to consider what we do in the RJEL...split periods into two. Monday through Thursday, and Friday through Sunday. It makes things easier to handle, and it's not so much that the people that don't want to do daily bitch. We use CBS and it handles it just fine...and the 18 cats and dogs who are the owners sem to be OK with it too.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Might want to consider what we do in the RJEL...split periods into two. Monday through Thursday, and Friday through Sunday. It makes things easier to handle, and it's not so much that the people that don't want to do daily bitch. We use CBS and it handles it just fine...and the 18 cats and dogs who are the owners sem to be OK with it too.
                    Makes perfect sense, as we already do Sunday morning and Thursday morning wavier claims. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

It would be nice if CBS could do what NFBC does and allow hitter changes but not pitcher changes on Fridays...

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        It would be nice if CBS could do what NFBC does and allow hitter changes but not pitcher changes on Fridays...
                        I wouldn't be surprised if they actually have the ability to do that...they can be more flexible than they like to let on.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          What's so terrible about having pitcher changes as well? I know the league is apposed to daily, but twice a week seems to be a nice compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by minnehan View Post
                            What's so terrible about having pitcher changes as well? I know the league is apposed to daily, but twice a week seems to be a nice compromise.
                            I think concept is that it arbitrarily emphasizes having a 2nd pitching staff. To win the Ks/Ws categories you'd need to be starting one staff at the beginning of the week and an entirely different staff at the end. It turns your league into a pitcher streaming league.

Comment

I think concept is that it arbitrarily emphasizes having a 2nd pitching staff. To win the Ks/Ws categories you'd need to be starting one staff at the beginning of the week and an entirely different staff at the end. It turns your league into a pitcher streaming league.
                              Fair enough.

Comment

Especially in a league with 10 reserves and something like 7 or 8 DL spots. The amount of pitcher streaming would be crazy. Which is fine, but I'm not sure that's what everyone signed up for.

Comment

Working...
                                X