AL Only WTFDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only WTFDID

Lots of HDID posts at this time of year. Figured I would call mine WTFDID. I remain more of an NL guy, so AL always gives me trouble. Think I did just ok, not great. Would welcome feedback on what to do with this team.

12 tearm 5x5 AL only. 7 keepers are in bold.

C Nick Hundley $3
    C James McCann $3
    1B Luke Voit $21
    2B Asdrubal Cabrera $23 (can move to SS, 3B, MI, CI as needed)
    3B Yuli Gurriel $22 (can move to 1B or CI)
    SS Troy Tulowitzki $2
    MI Didi Gregorius $12

CI Greg Bird $1
    OF Whit Merrifield $18 (Can move to 2B/MI)
    OF George Springer $32
    OF Josh Reddick $10
    OF Daniel Palka $10
    OF Oscar Mercado $1
    DH Khris Davis $32
    P Chris Sale $36
    P Blake Snell $11
    P Mychal Givens $1
    P Marco Gonzales $4

P Yonny Chirinos $3
    P Chris Devenski $1
    P CC Sabathia $5
    P Matt Shoemaker $2
    P Hector Rondon $1

I will replace Mercado (hoping for callup and plenty of SB later) and Gregorius via early FAAB bids.
    Khris Davis was an unexpected early value. Like the Bird handcuff to Voit. Like the position flexibility overall. Don't love the lack of depth.

Obvious holes? Who would you look to trade? What should be my primary focus?

Thanks for the feedback!

Love the K Davis buy. Don't love the prices on Voit, Yuli, Reddick. Not a fan of starting out with Didi and Tulo as your infield, so hope you can fill in those gaps. I think your pitching looks stronger than your hitting and would look to upgrade there.

Comment

Thanks, sliderule. Appreciate the feedback!

Agree with all of your points. Who would you look to trade to shore up hitting?

Anyone else?

Comment

I definitely like your pitching. I don't like your Yankees, and I say that as a devoted Yankee fan. I just wouldn't want to be invested in Didi, Tulo or the 1B battle this year, although I get the handcuff strategy. I've stayed away from CC this year, too. I also think that's too much to pay for Asdrubal at this stage in his career, even in Texas.

Comment

Thanks Brian. Who would you look to trade away in order to shore up this team?

Comment

Do you have any reserves? Hard to say what would be a good thing to trade. I'd probably be looking to get another semi-regular hitter, possibly by dealing one of your high-priced guys for 2 players. What's Sale's value? Can you flip him for something like Berrios and a $15 bat? I really like your pitching. I'm fine with Voit.

Comment

Thanks JC. No reserves. Minor leaguers but can’t trade them unless called up.

I like the Sale/Berrios idea. Maybe something along those lines. Will be interesting to see where Keuchel and Kimbrel sign. Probably worth spending almost all FAAB for one of them.

Comment

I like your pitching too. But you do not have enough of it to trade it for bats before the season starts.

You will need your high priced bats to stay healthy and perform. Like most of us you will need your low priced gambles to be ok. Don't panic it is a long season. See where you are after a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Thanks JC. No reserves. Minor leaguers but can’t trade them unless called up.
                  So you just have to take an actual 0 for Didi and Mercado in the short term? That's pretty rough. I think that would minimize their value for me to where I wouldn't pick an injured player who is out more than ~a month. At least with reserves you can fill in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    So you just have to take an actual 0 for Didi and Mercado in the short term? That's pretty rough. I think that would minimize their value for me to where I wouldn't pick an injured player who is out more than ~a month. At least with reserves you can fill in.
                    Do you have a DL rule that you can stash your injured and pick up someone until they come back?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Do you have a DL rule that you can stash your injured and pick up someone until they come back?
                      Exactly. No reserves but unlimited DL. Can replace Mercado and Didi (who was a must keep).

Comment

Working...
                      X