Rate These NL Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate These NL Prospects

My draft is this Sunday. Once we conclude the auction portion we have an unusual 10 player draft. We pick 6 reserve spots and 4 farm players. No player can be selected in the auction if they have not exceeded rookie status. Some owner will select reserve players in the 1st round and other Farm. Since I won the league last season I have the 10 pick in round 1 then 1st pick in round 2. I will likely select a reserve player $10 then a farm player $8 to get him at a cheaper price. Since I do not have farm keepers I will select 4 in the draft. Also as the round go down in salary owners will jockey to pick farm player at a cheaper price. Example I got Acuna $6 in round 3 and Soto went for $1 round 9. This was 2 yrs ago. So what players would you target down the list?

Round Salary
    1 $10
    2 $8
    3 $6
    4 $5
    5 $4
    6 $3
    7, 8 $2
    9, 10 $1

Here are farm players that will be available:

Players likely gone by time my turn comes around.

Pete Alonso 1B NY Chris Paddack P SD Victor Victor Mesa OF Mia Mike Soroka P Atl

Player that might be there.

Luis Garcia SS Was Kristian Robinson OF Ari Ke'Bryan Hayes 3B Pit Jonathon India 3B Cin Carter Kieboom SS Was Toucki Toussaint P Atl

All nice picks.

From your might be there list:

1. Kieboom
    2. India
    3. Robinson
    4. Garcia
    5. Touissant
    6. Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      All nice picks.

1. Kieboom
      2. India
      3. Robinson
      4. Garcia
      5. Touissant
      6. Hayes
      Id flip Hayes and Garcia. Hayes is a defense first 3bman, but he is showing potential for growth as a hitter and will almost assuredly make it as a regular because of his defense.

Comment

Personally, I hate having a farm system where guys are all 2-3 years away. With that in mind, I would have Touissant way ahead of everyone else on this list because he will most assuredly be pitching this year. Dude has talent too - if he is any good at all, he will probably have that rotation spot for years to come.

Comment

All nice picks.

1. Kieboom
          2. India
          3. Robinson
          4. Garcia
          5. Touissant
          6. Hayes
          Kieboom is the one that I really want off this list. Says the $5 Kieboom owner NL only.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Kieboom is the one that I really want off this list. Says the $5 Kieboom owner NL only.
            Really? Surprised by the Touki hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Really? Surprised by the Touki hate.
              Kieboom is a special player that is harder to get than the nice pitcher Touki. I don't hate him and wouldn't mind having him. He may even be very special. I like my rookies to be...well not pitchers. Too much can go wrong with pitchers.

I think Kieboom will be my starting SS next year and for years to come.

Comment

Kieboom is a special player that is harder to get than the nice pitcher Touki. I don't hate him and wouldn't mind having him. He may even be very special. I like my rookies to be...well not pitchers. Too much can go wrong with pitchers.

Oh I misread your post above as Kieboom is the "only" one that I really want off this list. Except you didn't write only! My fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Oh I misread your post above as Kieboom is the "only" one that I really want off this list. Except you didn't write only! My fault.
                  Ha, no problem, it gave me a chance to brag about my $5 investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Personally, I hate having a farm system where guys are all 2-3 years away. With that in mind, I would have Touissant way ahead of everyone else on this list because he will most assuredly be pitching this year. Dude has talent too - if he is any good at all, he will probably have that rotation spot for years to come.
                    That is the cat and mouse in our draft. Generally I do try with the 1st farm pick to get a player that is coming up soon however depending on the player's talent level you sometimes have to adjust. You do have a good a point that Touki could be a very nice player.

Comment

Probably not, unless he gets traded...There's some kid named Trea Turner at that position right now who's supposed to be pretty good.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

My only hesitations with Toukki are a) he is a pitching prospect and b) he has plenty of competition on the Braves

Comment

My only hesitations with Toukki are a) he is a pitching prospect and b) he has plenty of competition on the Braves
                          I do wonder if his future may ultimately be in the bullpen but 2 walks in 14 ip this spring is very promising.

Comment

Yea, I'm staying away from the Braves situation, if I can help it. They have so many talented arms, it is impossible to know how it will sort out. It does seem likely anyone with a hint of a durability issue or a weak 3rd pitch will be converted the the bullpen, given their tremendous SP depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Yea, I'm staying away from the Braves situation, if I can help it. They have so many talented arms, it is impossible to know how it will sort out. It does seem likely anyone with a hint of a durability issue or a weak 3rd pitch will be converted the the bullpen, given their tremendous SP depth.
                              Last I checked the Braves have two open spots in the starting rotation. Plenty of room for both Touki and Bryse Wilson or Max Fried perhaps. None of these guys are going to the bullpen unless they prove ineffective as a starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X