12 Team AL Non Keeper Auction Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Team AL Non Keeper Auction Completed

Standard 5x5, 23 active, 5 reserves with $265 budget including reserves.

Ended up with this:

C R Perez 3
    C N Hundley 3
    1B Miggy 14
    2B Gordon 23
    3B Owings 3
    SS Bogaerts 30
    MI Kipnis 7
    CI Smoak 13
    OF Stanton 36
    OF Av Garcia 8
    OF Soler 9
    OF Bruce 9
    OF Reddick 3
    U Moreland 2

P
    Carrasco 33
    Bundy 8
    Givens 10
    Boxberger 6
    K Herrara 3
    Taylor Rogers 1
    Heaney 8
    McHugh 16
    Leake 1

RES
    Seager 2
    M Duffy 2
    Guzman 4
    LeBlanc 1
    Britton 1

What do you think?

If my math is right you left $6 bucks on the table not the end of the world but not good either.

Your pitching needs Heaney to come back sooner than later and stay healthy. Love Stanton for $36. Like the gamble on 14 Miggy I don't think he is done yet. Owings for 3 could be real good for you.

You are taking quiet a few gambles, you look really good if they pay off. If only half pay off you will have good assets to keep or trade.

I don't think this is a team that you can stand pat on. If you like tinkering this should be a fun team to play with.

Comment

McHugh is really getting bid up this year to where there's not much room for profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        If my math is right you left $6 bucks on the table not the end of the world but not good either.

Your pitching needs Heaney to come back sooner than later and stay healthy. Love Stanton for $36. Like the gamble on 14 Miggy I don't think he is done yet. Owings for 3 could be real good for you.

You are taking quiet a few gambles, you look really good if they pay off. If only half pay off you will have good assets to keep or trade.

I don't think this is a team that you can stand pat on. If you like tinkering this should be a fun team to play with.
        Your math must be off. I spent every cent of my $265. Guzman took $4 of my last $6 leaving me to use my last $2 on Leblanc and Britton.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          McHugh is really getting bid up this year to where there's not much room for profit.
          Was at that time of the auction. Seems like there were a lot more good buys on hitters. Pitching is really thin this year in the AL. Peacock went right after McHugh, for $14 or $15.

Comment

Originally posted by mike9289 View Post
            Your math must be off. I spent every cent of my $265. Guzman took $4 of my last $6 leaving me to use my last $2 on Leblanc and Britton.
            Glad to be wrong on that, hope I am right on the other stuff.

Comment

Your math must be off.
              His math isn't off - the prices in your post add up to 259.

Comment

Was at that time of the auction. Seems like there were a lot more good buys on hitters. Pitching is really thin this year in the AL. Peacock went right after McHugh, for $14 or $15.
                Not sure what you mean was it at the time of the auction. My point was simply that I'd have trouble spending that much of my budget on McHugh, that price seems above his ceiling as far as value returned. If that's what he's going for I'd reallocate my money towards another player/position personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Not sure what you mean was it at the time of the auction. My point was simply that I'd have trouble spending that much of my budget on McHugh, that price seems above his ceiling as far as value returned. If that's what he's going for I'd reallocate my money towards another player/position personally.
                  I just meant that when he was nominated, there were a lot of guys still looking for a 2nd starter. Pitching seems to be thin in the AL this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X