Upcoming AL only Reserve pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming AL only Reserve pick

I have the Second pick- Eloy is obvious 1rst pick . As of right now it looks like to me it is coming down to:

Kimbrel
    Dallas K
    Austin Hayes.

These are the ones for now pre-draft. They can’t be auctioned unless on a AL roster as of draft day. March 30.
    All Al minor league players, free agents, international players are eligible. If they signed with a NL team you lose them ( why Kimbrel and Dallas are high risk). Clint Frazier will be added to this list if he gets sent down.

Who would you pick from these and is there anyone I am missing. League set up is ::
    12 team AL only
    15 keepers
    7 player farm team
    12 player reserves.

If Eloy is still available and going with the first pick, is Jo Adell still available? If yes take him.

If you take Kimbrel or Keuchel what value is assigned to them? I am not sure I would take a chance on one of these unless I had a powerful keeper list, the salary does not count against my cap (unless I had a lot of money) or there were no good AL rookies left in the pool.

Comment

I dont think Austin Hayes belongs on this list, he might not even be in the top 20? He was terrible last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        If Eloy is still available and going with the first pick, is Jo Adell still available? If yes take him.

If you take Kimbrel or Keuchel what value is assigned to them? I am not sure I would take a chance on one of these unless I had a powerful keeper list, the salary does not count against my cap (unless I had a lot of money) or there were no good AL rookies left in the pool.
        All reserve players are 5 dollars salary and don’t count draft day and we do not have an in season salary cap. All good rookies are gone - on farm teams. Vlade , Adell , Mondesi... we are a 30 year old league with only 1 new owner in the last 12 years.

Eloy is only on here because he came over from NL in a trade so never got on a farm team. His owner got screwed this year by them sending him down to get another year on his MLB control.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I dont think Austin Hayes belongs on this list, he might not even be in the top 20? He was terrible last year.

That just go to show how slim the pickings are. He was once a prospect and had a decent spring and could see him get an early call up on a bad team. We only use 1 Catcher and added a UT spot ( can be Pitcher or batter) so that chews into the 1 dollar bin unless you like all the second catchers. The best you hope for is someone like Eloy, a free agents like Kimbrel... with 7 farm players prospect are long gone. My real hope is Frazier gets sent down.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
            That just go to show how slim the pickings are. He was once a prospect and had a decent spring and could see him get an early call up on a bad team. We only use 1 Catcher and added a UT spot ( can be Pitcher or batter) so that chews into the 1 dollar bin unless you like all the second catchers. The best you hope for is someone like Eloy, a free agents like Kimbrel... with 7 farm players prospect are long gone. My real hope is Frazier gets sent down.
            Curious, from RHD's prospect list who are the top ~5 available?

Comment

My real hope is Frazier gets sent down.
              I'd take the coin flip on Keuchel or Kimbrel before taking Frazier.

Comment

Normally I would but my guts say they both end up in NL.

I am down in the 100’s on Rhd list and they are either all on the farm or too young with no chance of playing this year or next ( Florial)
                Last edited by hacko; 03-19-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Normally I would but my guts say they both end up in NL.

I am down in the 100’s on Rhd list and they are either all on the farm or too young with no chance of playing this year or next ( Florial)
                  Your gut is only half right. One of them will be in the AL. All you have to do is choose correctly.

Comment

Absolutely! Given these circumstances I would easily take one of these.

Or can he trade the pick for a keeper?

Comment

Up dated news:
                      Eloy is talking contract with Sox so May be on opening Day roster and Kimbrel in serious talk with Brewer’s

So this really shakes the top of the draft now. Cleveland signs Car go anything in the tank?

Comment

Up dated news:
                        Eloy is talking contract with Sox so May be on opening Day roster and Kimbrel in serious talk with Brewer’s

So this really shakes the top of the draft now. Cleveland signs Car go anything in the tank?
                        CarGo didn't really hit in Coors last year and isn't getting much Spring Training, so I'd lean towards no, but I guess you never know. I might be more inclined to take a shot on Gio Gonzalez. Seems likely Eloy will be up on day 1 now. Kingery was last year.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          CarGo didn't really hit in Coors last year and isn't getting much Spring Training, so I'd lean towards no, but I guess you never know. I might be more inclined to take a shot on Gio Gonzalez. Seems likely Eloy will be up on day 1 now. Kingery was last year.
                          Any Dallas K news - tho I have no idea who the # 1 guy will pick if Eloy isn’t there.

Comment

Any Dallas K news - tho I have no idea who the # 1 guy will pick if Eloy isn’t there.
                            Here's a few deep sleepers for you. Jose Rondon, 25 year old utility guy for Chi Sox. Hit 6 HR and 2 SB in 100 AB last year. He's going to gain eligibility all over, so if he somehow sneaks into a semi-regular role, he could produce decent HR with a handful of SB.

Cavan Biggio might be undrafted in your format, should be up this year, maybe by midseason. Shed Long for Seattle might graduate this year. Ryan McKenna could overtake Mullins in CF for Baltimore by the end of the year, or at least push Mullins to LF. McKenna has 70 grade speed, but appears to be a more conservative baserunner. Defense might get him a job, but you would need to hope he utilizes his speed to steal more bases.

Dustin Fowler available? I know Grossman is blocking him now, but you have to think Fowler gets a fair bit of playing time.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              Here's a few deep sleepers for you. Jose Rondon, 25 year old utility guy for Chi Sox. Hit 6 HR and 2 SB in 100 AB last year. He's going to gain eligibility all over, so if he somehow sneaks into a semi-regular role, he could produce decent HR with a handful of SB.

Cavan Biggio might be undrafted in your format, should be up this year, maybe by midseason. Shed Long for Seattle might graduate this year. Ryan McKenna could overtake Mullins in CF for Baltimore by the end of the year, or at least push Mullins to LF. McKenna has 70 grade speed, but appears to be a more conservative baserunner. Defense might get him a job, but you would need to hope he utilizes his speed to steal more bases.

Dustin Fowler available? I know Grossman is blocking him now, but you have to think Fowler gets a fair bit of playing time.
                              Thanks TW - I can use most of them ( we have 12 picks). Biggio is on a farm. Fowler was cut when he was sent down so he is there.

I put these on my watch list.

Comment

Working...
                              X