Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did an a.l. only auction on Sunday, here is my team...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did an a.l. only auction on Sunday, here is my team...

5x5 traditional
    11 teams but we add a pitching slot and a utility spot
    - (12 x 23 man = 276 ... $260 per team = $3,120 to spend)
    - (11 x 25 man = 275 ... $280 per team = $3,080 to spend)
    - (15 man bench selected via draft immediately following auction)

I figure anybody doing an a.l. only might be able to take something from the numbers spent.

My protects in bold. I think it is a boring, middle of the road production but I am trying to beat them down with mass accumulation of counting stats. what do you think?

c maldonaldo 1
    c narvaez 1

1b j.bruce 16
    3b candelario 11
    co devers 23

2b as.cabrera 22
    ss polanco 18
    mi merrifield 14

of m.smith 14
    of bonifacio 1
    of c.gonzalez 11
    of k.calhoun 15
    of zimmer 1

dh k.davis 28
    dh c.santana 23

p cole 26
    p clevinger 10
    p alvarado 5
    p petit 1
    p giles 20
    p giolito 1
    p ohtani 4
    p mcullers 1
    p cessa 1
    p bleier 1

5 of my first 6 reserve picks are mlb pitchers

For starters if my math is right you left $11 dollars on the table. That is way too much and should never happen.

I like the way you used your UT slots. You have some good pitching. Looking at your offense at first blush I would agree that it seems a bit boring. Still there are some nice pieces in there both for this year and trading season.

I think you will have some fun watching and tinkering with this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      For starters if my math is right you left $11 dollars on the table. That is way too much and should never happen.

I like the way you used your UT slots. You have some good pitching. Looking at your offense at first blush I would agree that it seems a bit boring. Still there are some nice pieces in there both for this year and trading season.

I think you will have some fun watching and tinkering with this team.
      lol...your math is correct. Prices were crazy on the big boys and I waited. then started buying all those $20 plus guys. I am certain there were upgrades I missed out on.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        lol...your math is correct. Prices were crazy on the big boys and I waited. then started buying all those $20 plus guys. I am certain there were upgrades I missed out on.
        Starting with not keeping bonafacio and putting in any $12 OF...ducks and runs for the hills.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Starting with not keeping bonafacio and putting in any $12 OF...ducks and runs for the hills.
          just reviewed...not much in the way of $12 or less auction prices. My thinking is bonifacio could sneak into full time or, more likely, 300 at bats (is 12 home runs too ambitious for 300 ab's?)

Betts went for 62

trout was kept at 59

NYC league

happ went 22
          severino 25
          chapman 27

verlander 42

Comment

Yeah, those 11 unspent dollars could have gone a long way to boost your OF, particularly. I think that OF overall is too weak to compete offensively, even with your great DHs.

Comment

Working...
            X