No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And FWIW, I had Kansas State advancing to the Final Four, so probably better that I borked the entry.

Comment

Revo by a point over 3 of us.

had New Mexico State winning 2 games but they lost by 1 in the first round
      #misseditbythatmuch
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Revo by a point over 3 of us.

had New Mexico State winning 2 games but they lost by 1 in the first round
        #misseditbythatmuch
        Can’t believe I actually had UC Irvine and all three 12 seeds that won.

Comment

I finally grabbed the lead, but Revo about to take it back with Auburn as we close the third day.
          Auburn 78, NM St 77 my bad beat so far (so twice) - but the real points come in the final 2 weekends anyway.

champs remain alive:

12 Duke
          3 UNC
          1 Gonzaga - Jason
          1 Virginia - Judge Jude
          1 Florida St - Pauly

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

geesh, Revo has DUKE over TENNESSEE in the final.

I know a bracket of destiny when I see it!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

geesh, Revo has DUKE over TENNESSEE in the final.

I know a bracket of destiny when I see it!
              Insane! And figures, with this being the most successful bracket of my life, I didn’t get into any for-money pools this year!

Comment

Refs suck...gave that game to Duke in the end. 3 horrendous no calls: the Zion charge, the hook and hold and the push in the back on the missed free throw and both were ignored. Horrendous

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Refs suck...gave that game to Duke in the end. 3 horrendous no calls: the Zion charge, the hook and hold and the push in the back on the missed free throw and both were ignored. Horrendous
                  well, I think the basket that put UCF up 4 came after a shot clock violation that, after review, didn't get called, was a break for UCF (though it was close).

plus UCF shat the bed on an alley oop to go up 6 late, among other things.

I learned this decades ago from covering pro sports - and Saints fans, listen up:

It's the job of every team in every game to ensure that you have a sufficient lead in the final minute that an officiating call can't take away your win (I'm neutral on whether Zion charged; ridiculous that CBS didn't have their 'expert' weigh in on that).

on that front, the Rams failed. the Saints failed. Duke failed. UCF failed.

so now we move on - and you've all left yourself at the mercy of a whistle, or non-whistle.

easy for me to say, as:
                  - I am not a UCF grad
                  - I'd be hardpressed to pick out a controversial whistle/non-whistle that caused my FDU Knights to fall behind, 53-17, at halftime to Gonzaga.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

well, I think the basket that put UCF up 4 came after a shot clock violation that, after review, didn't get called, was a break for UCF (though it was close).

plus UCF shat the bed on an alley oop to go up 6 late, among other things.

I learned this decades ago from covering pro sports - and Saints fans, listen up:

It's the job of every team in every game to ensure that you have a sufficient lead in the final minute that an officiating call can't take away your win (I'm neutral on whether Zion charged; ridiculous that CBS didn't have their 'expert' weigh in on that).

on that front, the Rams failed. the Saints failed. Duke failed. UCF failed.

so now we move on - and you've all left yourself at the mercy of a whistle, or non-whistle.

easy for me to say, as:
                    - I am not a UCF grad
                    - I'd be hardpressed to pick out a controversial whistle/non-whistle that caused my FDU Knights to fall behind, 53-17, at halftime to Gonzaga.
                    THIS. That was the ultimate in cockiness for a huge underdog.

Comment

meanwhile I am in 2nd place and I don't have a nickel invested in a pool either
                      #DOH

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

meanwhile I am in 2nd place and I don't have a nickel invested in a pool either
                        #DOH
                        If you win, I'll send you a nickel.
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

What a mess. At least I still have my Final Four teams.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

who doesn't?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I lost Villanova in my F4....probably dead anyway

Comment

who doesn't?
                                B-Fly
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X