Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critiques wanted

12-team mixed 5x5, categories: OBP, Slug, R, RBI, SB, WQS, S, K, ERA, WHIP

After finishing 11th the past two years I was motivated to have a strong showing. Curious to hear others' thoughts.
    Keepers in bold

C Jansen 3
    1B Miggy 17
    2B Moncada 11
    3B Devers 15
    SS T Anderson 2
    CI Donaldson 21
    MI Torres 4
    OF Soto 18
    OF Trout 76
    OF Schwarber 14
    OF Meadows 5
    OF Kepler 2
    UT Rosario 1

P Bauer 13
    P Flaherty 2
    P Folty 1
    P E Rodriguez 1
    P Kershaw 25
    P Woodruff 1
    P Jansen 17
    P Barnes 1
    P Steckenrider 1

Res Eloy 5
    Res Ohtani 3
    Res C Anderson 2 (replacing tonight)
    Res Morrow 2
    Res Honeywell 1
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Overall solid, but perhaps too risky. Without a clear backup plan for Miggy and Donaldson at the corners, it would make me nervous. That said, I think this offense looks much more formidable on April 15th or whenever Eloy's much-needed defensive practice concludes. Speed seems good enough, but not best in the league good.

Kind of the same story with the pitching - did you consider tossing Folty back? With He and Kershaw together...the odds are very much against both of them giving you the innings you want. Bauer/Flaherty could end up being the best one-two combo out there though.

You will be happy when Morrow comes back to replace Steck.

I might explore downgrading Kershaw to upgrade at first base. That's just me.

Comment

I love all of your $1 players. That is the way to do that. I like Jansen at $3 a lot.

$76 for Trout is more than I would spend. Then again a few years ago $50 was that bench mark for me.

I think you did a great job with your pitchers. If Kershaw is Kershaw you got a bargain. You don't need Folty, but he is nice to have. It will give you flexibility later on.

Should be a fun team to manage. I hope you will keep us updated on how the season progresses

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Overall solid, but perhaps too risky. Without a clear backup plan for Miggy and Donaldson at the corners, it would make me nervous. That said, I think this offense looks much more formidable on April 15th or whenever Eloy's much-needed defensive practice concludes. Speed seems good enough, but not best in the league good.

Kind of the same story with the pitching - did you consider tossing Folty back? With He and Kershaw together...the odds are very much against both of them giving you the innings you want. Bauer/Flaherty could end up being the best one-two combo out there though.

You will be happy when Morrow comes back to replace Steck.

I might explore downgrading Kershaw to upgrade at first base. That's just me.
        Our auction was March 3rd and keepers were due a week prior so Folty seemed a no-brainer at that point. I agree about the risks and although they were calculated I probably took on one too many with Miggy, JD, and Kershaw. Morrow will hopefully be back strong but I know I'll be chasing saves on the wire...pretty standard for me.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I love all of your $1 players. That is the way to do that. I like Jansen at $3 a lot.

$76 for Trout is more than I would spend. Then again a few years ago $50 was that bench mark for me.

I think you did a great job with your pitchers. If Kershaw is Kershaw you got a bargain. You don't need Folty, but he is nice to have. It will give you flexibility later on.

Should be a fun team to manage. I hope you will keep us updated on how the season progresses
          Yea that's why I started a thread about paying full inflation for Trout. Even when the projections have him $20 higher than everyone else, it's still hard to keep bidding, especially after having him last year for nearly the same price and finishing 11th. But like you I think I scored some real bargains in the end game so it makes his price more palatable. My biggest regret on offense was Schwarber... I got caught bidding him up on a fellow Cub fan, doh. But he's having a great spring and has gone back to his crouch stance so hopefully he rebounds. I just have no faith in Maddon not jerking him around for ABs. I actually offered him for Kimbrel because Schwarber is his favorite player and he drafted four closers. Despite identical salaries, the guy acted like it was a crazy offer. I so hope Kimbrel sits out until June.
          Last edited by DMT; 03-18-2019, 07:13 PM.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Yea that's why I started a thread about paying full inflation for Trout. Even when the projections have him $20 higher than everyone else, it's still hard to keep bidding, especially after having him last year for nearly fake price and finishing 11th. But like you I think I scored some real bargains in the end game so it makes his price more palatable. My biggest regret on offense was Schwarber... I got caught bidding him up on a fellow Cub fan, doh. But he's having a great spring and has gone back to his crouch stance so hopefully he rebounds. I just have no faith in Maddon not jerking him around for ABs. I actually offered him for Kimbrel because Schwarber is his favorite player and he drafted four closers. Despite identical salaries, the guy acted like it was a crazy offer. I so hope Kimbrel sits out until June.
            Keep the faith. You will make money on Schwarber. Heck you got him 3 dollars less than what he went for in LABR NL. Fangraphs has him at 22. You will be fine.

Comment

Your pitching better be good! (Mostly because if you replace E-Rod with Taillon, that's my pitching keeper list.)

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                Your pitching better be good! (Mostly because if you replace E-Rod with Taillon, that's my pitching keeper list.)
                Oh f#$k!

- Terence McKenna

Comment

Bauer/Flaherty could end up being the best one-two combo out there though.
                  I like both guys and they could be my 1-2 in this type league too, I support that strategy, but in a 12 team mixed I'm not sure it's going to be among the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    I like both guys and they could be my 1-2 in this type league too, I support that strategy, but in a 12 team mixed I'm not sure it's going to be among the best.
                    The more drafts I do and the more I evaluate Bauer...the more I convince myself he will finish the season as the best pitcher in fantasy. Blasphemy I know.

Comment

The more drafts I do and the more I evaluate Bauer...the more I convince myself he will finish the season as the best pitcher in fantasy. Blasphemy I know.
                      I think he's solidly in the conversatoin. But what are you seeing with Bauer that you dont see from other aces?

Comment

I think he's solidly in the conversatoin. But what are you seeing with Bauer that you dont see from other aces?
                        If you follow him on twitter, It looks like he has really improved his changeup over the spring. He has one of the best pitch mixes in the majors and he was already at 220 k with an entire month missed last season. All signs are pointing up in my opinion. And you can get him in the late second/early third in a snake. That is game changing value really. Man crush activated.

Comment

If you follow him on twitter
                          I think this is the issue for me, the fact that he's all over social media is great for the kids, but doesn't actually add anything. It doesn't necessarily take anything away, I just think we read more about him because he's putting himself out there and it's likely that many other pitchers are making the same kind of improvements we just don't read about it. Just my 2c.

Comment

I think this is the issue for me, the fact that he's all over social media is great for the kids, but doesn't actually add anything. It doesn't necessarily take anything away, I just think we read more about him because he's putting himself out there and it's likely that many other pitchers are making the same kind of improvements we just don't read about it. Just my 2c.
                            You strike me as the kind of person who is hungry for as much info as possible Ken...weird you would discount info straight from the source

Comment

You strike me as the kind of person who is hungry for as much info as possible Ken...weird you would discount info straight from the source
                              You are misunderstanding. I'm not discounting due to information, I'm saying that assuming that he's the only one making improvements simply because he's the only one on twitter talking about it is a fallacy.

Comment

Working...
                              X