Critiques wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Yea that's why I started a thread about paying full inflation for Trout. Even when the projections have him $20 higher than everyone else, it's still hard to keep bidding, especially after having him last year for nearly the same price and finishing 11th. But like you I think I scored some real bargains in the end game so it makes his price more palatable. My biggest regret on offense was Schwarber... I got caught bidding him up on a fellow Cub fan, doh. But he's having a great spring and has gone back to his crouch stance so hopefully he rebounds. I just have no faith in Maddon not jerking him around for ABs. I actually offered him for Kimbrel because Schwarber is his favorite player and he drafted four closers. Despite identical salaries, the guy acted like it was a crazy offer. I so hope Kimbrel sits out until June.
    And right on cue he's on the bench facing a LHP in an AL Park. Really not going to miss Maddon.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Schwarber benched for 2nd straight game vs RH. He's on my bench now, what a frustrating player to have.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Keep the faith. You will make money on Schwarber. Heck you got him 3 dollars less than what he went for in LABR NL. Fangraphs has him at 22. You will be fine.
        Sadly I don't share your faith.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

One month in, and my team finally started clicking this week, moving up from 9th to 2nd. Injuries to Meadows and Jimenez have my OF hurting.

FA adds: Narvaez, Ed Escobar, Thames, Peacock, Neris, Minter, Swarzak, D Castillo
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Schwarber has finally started producing and my team put up some insane numbers today to jump back into 2nd.

19-43, 5 2B, 5 HR, 15 RBI, 12 R, 2 SB, 3 BB, 0.479 OBP, 0.907 SLG

26 INN, 13 HA, 2 BBI, 30 K, 6 ER, 2.077 ERA, 0.577 WHIP, 2 W, L, 5 WQS
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Schwarber has finally started producing and my team put up some insane numbers today to jump back into 2nd.

19-43, 5 2B, 5 HR, 15 RBI, 12 R, 2 SB, 3 BB, 0.479 OBP, 0.907 SLG

26 INN, 13 HA, 2 BBI, 30 K, 6 ER, 2.077 ERA, 0.577 WHIP, 2 W, L, 5 WQS
              I am shocked that Schwarber is helping your team...oh wait.

Great day yesterday. I am jealous. Congrats.

Comment

So I just unloaded Bauer, Eloy, Moncada, Schwarber and a couple others to get Scherzer, Aroldis, Goldschmidt, Trea Turner, and Pham.

ETA: currently in 2nd, 0.5 points behind.
                Last edited by DMT; 06-04-2019, 03:22 AM.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

So I just unloaded Bauer, Eloy, Moncada, Schwarber and a couple others to get Scherzer, Aroldis, Goldschmidt, Trea Turner, and Pham.

ETA: currently in 2nd, 0.5 points behind.
                  Wow! Talk about a Blockbuster. I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Still 0.5 point out of first. I'm going to post my full lineup as I'm considering making another trade.

C Narvaez-5A
                    1B Goldy-48A
                    2B Torres-4B
                    3B Devers-15A
                    SS Turner-8X
                    CI Ed Escobar-6A
                    MI T Anderson-2A
                    OF Trout-76A
                    OF Soto-18B
                    OF Riley-17A
                    OF Meadows-5A
                    OF Kepler-2A
                    UT Braun-8A

P Scherzer-50A
                    P Kershaw-25A
                    P Gibson-8A
                    P Peacock-6A
                    P Flaherty-2B
                    P Woodruff-1A
                    P Jansen-17A
                    P Chapman-17A
                    P Neris-7A

Bench

Pham-8X
                    Ohtani-3X
                    Duplantier-5A
                    Foltynewicz-1B
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Would you trade Anderson to get Bregman and Castillo? I'm very tight in SBs so trading Anderson is a risk but hopefully Turner will keep me competitive there. I could possibly get him to take Kepler instead but Anderson has really tailed off after a massive April. Thoughts?
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Still 0.5 point out of first. I'm going to post my full lineup as I'm considering making another trade.

C Narvaez-5A
                        1B Goldy-48A
                        2B Torres-4B
                        3B Devers-15A
                        SS Turner-8X
                        CI Ed Escobar-6A
                        MI T Anderson-2A
                        OF Trout-76A
                        OF Soto-18B
                        OF Riley-17A
                        OF Meadows-5A
                        OF Kepler-2A
                        UT Braun-8A

P Scherzer-50A
                        P Kershaw-25A
                        P Gibson-8A
                        P Peacock-6A
                        P Flaherty-2B
                        P Woodruff-1A
                        P Jansen-17A
                        P Chapman-17A
                        P Neris-7A

Bench

Pham-8X
                        Ohtani-3X
                        Duplantier-5A
                        Foltynewicz-1B
                        I guess that I don't know what else you can do with that powerhouse, other than start either Pham or Ohtani instead of Braun. And that's a small improvement at best.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          I guess that I don't know what else you can do with that powerhouse, other than start either Pham or Ohtani instead of Braun. And that's a small improvement at best.
                          See next post
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

See next post
                            Oh, I'd trade Anderson in a heartbeat...I've just never been a fan, even though he puts up good fantasy numbers. Bregman is better, IMO, and Castillo give you another stud arm.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                            X