RJEL auction analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    Now I'm feeling lucky that I stumbled into making 3/20 and 3/21 into their own week for PONY. Hopefully that won't break anything.
    That's what I first did in RJEL and it had the issue with the extensions not showing up in the draft room. These *(^^&$%^# early games are wreaking havoc!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Thanks for all your efforts ! Sounds like a real pain.
      seconded! as a former lg commish I know how time consuming it can be ... much appreciated.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

My first year in RJEL, and I adopted a brutal keeper list. So I knew this was a rebuilder, and planned accordingly.

I wanted to focus on the under $10 market for as many possible keepers as I could. In hindsight, I should have ditched a couple of my crappiest keepers and left more flexibility, but I'm okay with what I did. I did very little preparation here, but I'd already done a 12 tm AL & 12 tm NL auctions the previous two nights, so I was mostly prepared. Keepers bold.

C - R. Chirinos $4
        1B - L. Voit $2
        2B - D. Murphy $28
        3B - J. Camargo $5
        SS - T. Anderson $18
        CI - M. Franco $12
        MI - N. Goodrum $8
        UT - F. Barreto $5
        UT - JD Davis $2

OF - D. Santana $22
        OF - R. Grichuk $20
        OF - G. Allen $6
        OF - J. Pederson $5
        OF - F. Cordero $3

RSV:

S. Kingery $8
        C. Frazier $4
        R. Quinn $4

Pitchers:

J. Degrom $53
        S. Dominguez $12
        M. Boyd $9
        M. Stroman $9
        T. Williams $8
        J. James $3
        J. Chacin $1
        D. Mengden $1

J. Jiminez $3

RSV:

T. Buttrey $3
        D. Rodriguez $1

Guys I like to have big years and become valuable mid-season trade chips: D. Murphy $28, D. Santana $22, R. Grichuk $20, less so, but still very young, T. Anderson $18 could be a good trade chip. I guess Santana and Grichuk are more risky, but I like Murphy to have a huge year. 1B will keep him healthy, add positional flexibility value, and Coors will help boost his offense to pre-injury levels, I'm hoping. Potential keepers: Franco $12, Kingery $8, Goodrum $8, G. Allen $6, Camargo $5, C. Frazier $4, Quinn $4... from these 7, I would love to see 2-3 turn into great keepers. From my keepers, F. Cordero $3, JD Davis $2, F. Barreto $5 are all 1st year contracts (graduated farm last year), so they might produce another 1 keeper. Voit $2 has a decent shot to fulfill his late season promise.

For pitching, I wanted to spend big on an ace to consolidate assets into a blue chip trade target ($53 Degrom). Beyond that, acquire sub $10 SP who could establish higher value and become trade chips (Boyd $9, Stroman $9, T. Williams $8). Finally, pick up a few of the more likely heir apparent closers, hopefully $5 or less (S. Dominguez $12, T. Buttrey $3, J. Jiminez $3).

Mistakes: I got carried away going to $4 on Chirinos. I do think he's great for OBP and should produce a lot in Houston's lineup, but I should have saved that $3. I have 3 farm catchers as well (including F. Mejia needing promotion once he passes 130 AB). He won't be worth much as a trade piece, so that's a wasted $3. Dominguez $12, I dunno... lotta money for a closer spec. He needs to steal the closing job as well as produce top 10 closer numbers to be a keeper rather than trade bait. It's a lot to ask. Should have bowed out, but it was very late, and not much talent left to spend money on. I would have preferred to spend that money and some of my other wasted dollars on an upside bat like I. Happ $15 or J. Kang $14, both purchased by the same team late in the auction. Keeping Mengden $1 was a mistake. I should have kept his spot open for bidding, didn't properly view league depth. Finally, I tossed D. Rodriguez having not looked him up at all. Didn't realize the entire industry thinks he's trash. But in an 18 team mixed, there's always fun guys on the waiver wire, so it's no biggie.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I tossed D. Rodriguez having not looked him up at all. Didn't realize the entire industry thinks he's trash. But in an 18 team mixed, there's always fun guys on the waiver wire, so it's no biggie.
          Seems fine for a $1 guy in an 18 team league. He's not going to get you a ton of Ks, but you can't really expect much for $1 in that deep of a league.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            This is my second year in the league, the first year I was in rebuilding mode, so really my first year trying to draft a competitive team. I'm really struggling to adapt to an 18 team league, compared to all my previous 15/16 team leagues. Prices seem really, really high for the superstars, but yet there aren't any bargains in the mid range players. Anyway, I planned to try to get at least one closer and one good SP, and spend most of my money on hitting. Figured I could get 2-3 high end players. I ended up not following my plans, picking Ohtani didn't really help that. Anyway, here's the squad:

C Willians Astudillo C | MIN 3
            1B Matt Adams 1B | WAS 4
            2B Scooter Gennett 2B | CIN 8
            3B Wil Myers 3B,OF | SD 33
            SS Chris Taylor OF,SS | LAD 4
            MI Jonathan Schoop 2B | MIN 11
            CI Kyle Seager 3B | SEA 7
            OF Michael Brantley OF | HOU 13
            OF Matt Kemp OF | CIN 6
            OF Brandon Nimmo OF | NYM 2
            OF Eddie Rosario OF | MIN 7

OF Juan Soto OF | WAS 5
            U Jason Kipnis 2B | CLE 7
            U Eric Thames 1B,OF | MIL 6

Reserves:
            MI Dansby Swanson SS | ATL 4
            P Shohei Ohtani P,U | LAA 26

Pitchers:

Walker Buehler P | LAD 2 A

Yu Darvish P | CHC 20 A
            Kevin Gausman P | ATL 7 A
            Tyler Glasnow P | TB 6 B
            Brandon Morrow P | CHC 11 A
            Eduardo Rodriguez P | BOS 8 B
            Drew Steckenrider P | MIA 8 A
            Stephen Strasburg P | WAS 35 A
            Julio Urias P | LAD 3 B

Reserves:
            Andrew Miller P | STL 15 A
            Danny Salazar P | CLE 1 A
            Garrett Richards P | SD 3 A

Rookies who might Help:

Whitley, Soroka, Sheffield, Keller, Toussaint

I'm going to need some help on offense, hopefully some of my rookie pitchers can help out and I can deal some pitching.
            Interesting team. I didn't mind Seager as a $7 stash. Same with Richards $3 (i was locked out and would have bid, nice buy), and Salazar. Likely Salazar moves to the bullpen. Steckenrider $8 is a decent closer play. Darvish $20 is a decent price for a possible big rebound candidate. Spending $20 on Darvish and $35 on Strasburg is probably smarter than my $53 Degrom, but I wanted the most sure thing SP trade chip I could get, as I see it as the only way to attract the blue chip trade pieces that are otherwise unavailable for lower ceiling assets. Schoop $11, I don't really like. His anti-BB approach severely limits his upside, but I guess for $11 he's not much different from my $12 Franco buy.

Personally, I would have absolutely stayed away from Ohtani this year above $15-$20 or so. He needs to produce a massive year at DH to justify $26, and it's too high to be a super valuable keeper given that you won't have a clear view of his pitching value until next season. I could be wrong, and your point about no deals in the mid-range is true.

Very interested to see how your pitching prospect stockpile works out! If you get 3-4 of your pitching prospects to hit big, you could skirt around paying auction premiums for a few years. Good luck!
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

This is the first year I can't think of a single buy for any team after which I said wow, that was a great price. I don't know what was so unique about this year.

Anyway, here's mine. You say you're a boring offensive player? C'mon over! You say you're a pitcher with increased velocity in spring training? Happy to have you. Or at least it seemed this way....

C - Hedges $2
              1B - Dominic Smith $1 (I have P. Alonso in minors)
              2B - Merrifield
              3B - Moustakas $27
              SS - Bogaerts
              CI - Longoria $4
              MI - Moncada
              UT - Drury $1 (also have L. Urias in minors)
              UT - P O'Brien $3
              OF - Cain
              OF - Calhoun $9
              OF - A Eaton $21
              OF - Bruce $12
              OF - M Straw $1 (also have Hicks as keeper)

RSV:

S. Perez $1 (man, I thought someone would go $2!)

Pitchers:

Verlander $46
              Holland $4
              S Gray $9
              Cahill $2
              B. Keller $4
              P Lopez $4
              Giolito $2
              Bradley
              Knebel
              F. Vazquez
              Folty
              Minter

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                Interesting team. I didn't mind Seager as a $7 stash. Same with Richards $3 (i was locked out and would have bid, nice buy), and Salazar. Likely Salazar moves to the bullpen. Steckenrider $8 is a decent closer play. Darvish $20 is a decent price for a possible big rebound candidate. Spending $20 on Darvish and $35 on Strasburg is probably smarter than my $53 Degrom, but I wanted the most sure thing SP trade chip I could get, as I see it as the only way to attract the blue chip trade pieces that are otherwise unavailable for lower ceiling assets. Schoop $11, I don't really like. His anti-BB approach severely limits his upside, but I guess for $11 he's not much different from my $12 Franco buy.

Personally, I would have absolutely stayed away from Ohtani this year above $15-$20 or so. He needs to produce a massive year at DH to justify $26, and it's too high to be a super valuable keeper given that you won't have a clear view of his pitching value until next season. I could be wrong, and your point about no deals in the mid-range is true.

Very interested to see how your pitching prospect stockpile works out! If you get 3-4 of your pitching prospects to hit big, you could skirt around paying auction premiums for a few years. Good luck!
                yeah, Ohtani wasn't the best move to compete this year. I was sort of trying to make a small investment for the future, while not killing my chances this year. I would have been a lot better off for this year if I didn't take Ohtani/A Miller and spent 40 bucks on another hitter.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Might as well join the party...here's my team.

C Wilson Ramos NYM 2 C
                  1B Matt Olson Oak 1B
                  2B Jose Altuve 2B | HOU 49 2B,MI,U
                  3B Yandy Diaz 3B | TB 8 3B,CI,U
                  SS Trea Turner 21 SS
                  MI Manny Machado SS | SD 45 MI,SS,U
                  CI Steve Pearce 1B | BOS 3 1B,CI,U
                  OF Delino DeShields CF | TEX 6 OF,U
                  OF Avisail Garcia RF | TB 8 OF,U
                  OF Manny Margot 6 OF
                  OF Dexter Fowler RF | STL 3 OF,U
                  U Ian Kinsler 2B | SD 4 2B,MI,U
                  U Welington Castillo C | CHW 2 C,U

RP Edwin Diaz RP NYM 7
                  SP Nate Eovaldi BOS 1
                  P Brandon Woodruff | MIL 6
                  RP Trevor May 3
                  RP Alex Reyes 4
                  P Keone Kela RP | PIT 2
                  P RP Reyes Moronta SF 1
                  P Ross Stripling SP | LAD 14
                  P Anibal Sanchez SP | WAS 5

RES Lance McCullers SP | HOU 6 P
                  RES Orlando Arcia SS | MIL 2 MI,SS,U
                  RES Taijuan Walker SP | ARI 4 P
                  RES Reyes Moronta RP | SF 1 P
                  RES Tyler Thornburg RP | BOS

Went in with a half assed plan that was quickly blown up when I won both Altuve and Machado while price enforcing. Like the buys a lot, but they kept me from spending on an ace. So I did the best I could with pitching, hope to finish in the middle with wins and K's, upper tier in saves, Ratios, and WHIP. I do like my play for next year pitching buys, and I have both Luzardo and Kyle Wright on the verge of coming up this season, so there some hope. Lots of speed as well, which can be flipped pretty easily later in the season if need be. I was surprised when they let me have DeShields for 6...in an OBP league, he's not going to kill me.
                  Last edited by Hornsby; 03-18-2019, 07:15 PM.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

OK, for a more serious commentary on the auction.

Going in, I had Rick way ahead of the rest of us based on his keepers. Rotolab had his ETV at 358; the next closest was 308. He would have had to have a monumentally bad auction to screw that up, and he didn't. Now, we all know the season comes and things change (notably injury), so anything could happen, but he goes in as the clear front-runner.

For myself, I had a good keeper crop, with Andujar ($4), M. Smith ($14 extended 1 year), Rosario ($1), Correa ($21), Souza ($6), and Bell ($6) on offense, and Snell ($11 extended 1 year), Doolittle ($7 extended 1 year), McHugh ($1), and Ryu ($3) on pitching. I had decently filled out the infield (just needed a CI and a 2B), leaving spots in the OF and U, which typically, by mid- to end-game, have some bargains. So, I went in looking to fill either the 1B or MI slot with a high-end player, then take a mid-range for the other, and look for one mid-to-high-end player and then bargains in the OF and U, along with a $1 C (I also have Danny Jansen on my developmental squad). For pitching, I wanted one more mid-tier pitcher, two more closers (not high-end), and the rest $1-$5 SP.

Goldschmidt was the first player thrown out, and I went to $50 on him, and was surprised nobody went further. I had his inflated price > $60 at that point (as Rick said, inflation started out > 50%). I was pretty happy with it, because it filled my CI with a top-tier guy, and I felt good about the price. I still do.

Then I sat on my hands for 44 players. Well, I bid on many, just didn't find any good fits that were bargains. Next purchase was David Price at $26. Not a huge bargain, but by that point all of the high- and upper-mid tier pitchers were gone.

A half-round later, I threw out Travis Shaw. I like that he has both 2B and 3B eligibility, has good power, and will get a handful of SB. But I really didn't expect to get him. I went up to $28 and ended up with him. In retrospect, I should have waited, as Dozier went for $26 two rounds later, and I'd have rather had him, but I'm OK with Shaw.

Another round later, Encarnacion was thrown out, and he was the elite of the power left in the draft. I had some buying power, and used it to go up to $37 for him. He takes a U slot for me (though he qualifies at 1B), but we have two of them.

My next purchase was Matt Barnes at $12 another round later. That one was a mistake. He was at $9, which I thought was low, so I thought I'd price enforce a bit, and hit the +1 button, but two others did as well, and the price jumped to $12. Too much to pay for somebody that by no means has an assured closer spot. Now, he may pan out for that, and his numbers even in a setup role are really good, but not at that price.

After that was mostly scrubs.

I hit most of my targets on offense (a few SB short). I ended up about 10 W and 70 K short of my P targets, and was way above my target on ERA. We'll see how it pans out.

I ended up with $5 at the end of the auction, which I hate and haven't done in a long time. In the near-end game there were a couple of players I should have gone higher on to spend that extra $. Steven Matz was one. Can't remember specifically the others, but there were a couple. Oh well.

So, the squad shapes up as:

C Carson Kelly $2 A
                    1B Josh Bell $6 B
                    3B Miguel Andujar $3 A
                    CI Paul Goldschmidt $50 A
                    2B Travis Shaw $28 A
                    SS Carlos Correa $21 2021
                    MI Amed Rosario $1 B
                    OF Mallex Smith $14 2020
                    OF Steven Souza $6 2019
                    OF Carlos Gonzalez $5 A
                    OF Alex Gordon $3 A
                    OF Jason Heyward $1 A
                    U Edwin Encarnacion $37 A
                    U Mark Trumbo $5 A
                    RSV Nick Ahmed $2 A
                    RSV Chris Davis $1 A
                    RSV Jordan Luplow $1 A
                    relevant development squad players: Danny Jansen
                    Total: $185 (71%)

P Blake Snell $11 2020
                    P Hyun-Jin Ryu $3 2019
                    P Collin McHugh $1 B
                    P Sean Doolittle $7 2020
                    P David Price $26 A
                    P Sean Newcomb $6 A
                    P Dylan Bundy $3 A
                    P Matt Barnes $12 A
                    P Kelvin Herrera $3 A
                    RSV Matt Harvey $2 A
                    RSV Caleb Ferguson $1 A
                    Total: $75 (29%)

I think I compete across the board, but do need to fill a couple of holes (notably in OF, and I need at least one more SP).
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                      OK, for a more serious commentary on the auction.

Going in, I had Rick way ahead of the rest of us based on his keepers. Rotolab had his ETV at 358; the next closest was 308. He would have had to have a monumentally bad auction to screw that up, and he didn't. Now, we all know the season comes and things change (notably injury), so anything could happen, but he goes in as the clear front-runner.

For myself, I had a good keeper crop, with Andujar ($4), M. Smith ($14 extended 1 year), Rosario ($1), Correa ($21), Souza ($6), and Bell ($6) on offense, and Snell ($11 extended 1 year), Doolittle ($7 extended 1 year), McHugh ($1), and Ryu ($3) on pitching. I had decently filled out the infield (just needed a CI and a 2B), leaving spots in the OF and U, which typically, by mid- to end-game, have some bargains. So, I went in looking to fill either the 1B or MI slot with a high-end player, then take a mid-range for the other, and look for one mid-to-high-end player and then bargains in the OF and U, along with a $1 C (I also have Danny Jansen on my developmental squad). For pitching, I wanted one more mid-tier pitcher, two more closers (not high-end), and the rest $1-$5 SP.

Goldschmidt was the first player thrown out, and I went to $50 on him, and was surprised nobody went further. I had his inflated price > $60 at that point (as Rick said, inflation started out > 50%). I was pretty happy with it, because it filled my CI with a top-tier guy, and I felt good about the price. I still do.

Then I sat on my hands for 44 players. Well, I bid on many, just didn't find any good fits that were bargains. Next purchase was David Price at $26. Not a huge bargain, but by that point all of the high- and upper-mid tier pitchers were gone.

A half-round later, I threw out Travis Shaw. I like that he has both 2B and 3B eligibility, has good power, and will get a handful of SB. But I really didn't expect to get him. I went up to $28 and ended up with him. In retrospect, I should have waited, as Dozier went for $26 two rounds later, and I'd have rather had him, but I'm OK with Shaw.

Another round later, Encarnacion was thrown out, and he was the elite of the power left in the draft. I had some buying power, and used it to go up to $37 for him. He takes a U slot for me (though he qualifies at 1B), but we have two of them.

My next purchase was Matt Barnes at $12 another round later. That one was a mistake. He was at $9, which I thought was low, so I thought I'd price enforce a bit, and hit the +1 button, but two others did as well, and the price jumped to $12. Too much to pay for somebody that by no means has an assured closer spot. Now, he may pan out for that, and his numbers even in a setup role are really good, but not at that price.

After that was mostly scrubs.

I hit most of my targets on offense (a few SB short). I ended up about 10 W and 70 K short of my P targets, and was way above my target on ERA. We'll see how it pans out.

I ended up with $5 at the end of the auction, which I hate and haven't done in a long time. In the near-end game there were a couple of players I should have gone higher on to spend that extra $. Steven Matz was one. Can't remember specifically the others, but there were a couple. Oh well.

So, the squad shapes up as:

C Carson Kelly $2 A
                      1B Josh Bell $6 B
                      3B Miguel Andujar $3 A
                      CI Paul Goldschmidt $50 A
                      2B Travis Shaw $28 A
                      SS Carlos Correa $21 2021
                      MI Amed Rosario $1 B
                      OF Mallex Smith $14 2020
                      OF Steven Souza $6 2019
                      OF Carlos Gonzalez $5 A
                      OF Alex Gordon $3 A
                      OF Jason Heyward $1 A
                      U Edwin Encarnacion $37 A
                      U Mark Trumbo $5 A
                      RSV Nick Ahmed $2 A
                      RSV Chris Davis $1 A
                      RSV Jordan Luplow $1 A
                      relevant development squad players: Danny Jansen
                      Total: $185 (71%)

P Blake Snell $11 2020
                      P Hyun-Jin Ryu $3 2019
                      P Collin McHugh $1 B
                      P Sean Doolittle $7 2020
                      P David Price $26 A
                      P Sean Newcomb $6 A
                      P Dylan Bundy $3 A
                      P Matt Barnes $12 A
                      P Kelvin Herrera $3 A
                      RSV Matt Harvey $2 A
                      RSV Caleb Ferguson $1 A
                      Total: $75 (29%)

I think I compete across the board, but do need to fill a couple of holes (notably in OF, and I need at least one more SP).
                      Overall, I think that you did pretty well, but you do have some potential landmines...Trumbo, J-Hey, Gordon, and potentially EE if he keeps dropping off. Love the Price buy, but the Bundy one scares the hell out of me. But your keepers are studly enough to overcome some issues. Nice team, need more speed, and perhaps some power as well. You should stay in contention if things break right...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Might as well join the party...here's my team.

C Wilson Ramos NYM 2 C
                        1B Matt Olson Oak 1B
                        2B Jose Altuve 2B | HOU 49 2B,MI,U
                        3B Yandy Diaz 3B | TB 8 3B,CI,U
                        SS Trea Turner 21 SS
                        MI Manny Machado SS | SD 45 MI,SS,U
                        CI Steve Pearce 1B | BOS 3 1B,CI,U
                        OF Delino DeShields CF | TEX 6 OF,U
                        OF Avisail Garcia RF | TB 8 OF,U
                        OF Manny Margot 6 OF
                        OF Dexter Fowler RF | STL 3 OF,U
                        U Ian Kinsler 2B | SD 4 2B,MI,U
                        U Welington Castillo C | CHW 2 C,U

RP Edwin Diaz RP NYM 7
                        SP Nate Eovaldi BOS 1
                        P Brandon Woodruff | MIL 6
                        RP Trevor May 3
                        RP Alex Reyes 4
                        P Keone Kela RP | PIT 2
                        P RP Reyes Moronta SF 1
                        P Ross Stripling SP | LAD 14
                        P Anibal Sanchez SP | WAS 5

RES Lance McCullers SP | HOU 6 P
                        RES Orlando Arcia SS | MIL 2 MI,SS,U
                        RES Taijuan Walker SP | ARI 4 P
                        RES Reyes Moronta RP | SF 1 P
                        RES Tyler Thornburg RP | BOS

Went in with a half assed plan that was quickly blown up when I won both Altuve and Machado while price enforcing. Like the buys a lot, but they kept me from spending on an ace. So I did the best I could with pitching, hope to finish in the middle with wins and K's, upper tier in saves, Ratios, and WHIP. I do like my play for next year pitching buys, and I have both Luzardo and Kyle Wright on the verge of coming up this season, so there some hope. Lots of speed as well, which can be flipped pretty easily later in the season if need be. I was surprised when they let me have DeShields for 6...in an OBP league, he's not going to kill me.
                        Not sure how you finish in the middle in Wins and K's with that staff? Unless half the league has a worse staff. You dont have even 1 SP that would be in the top 50. I hope your optimism rings true for you!
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Ok I won't deep dive this one as a lot was going on during this one. I wound up having to leave to coach the last 90 minutes of the auction and try to keep my queue up on my phone as I was in dollar days. Last year I sold off almost everything I could to try to win only to come up a few points short so going in my keeper list was just ok and then the Severino injury didn't help. So my real vague plan here was to get two hitters for around $60 total and get at least one fairly safe closer. Keepers in bold...

C Y Molina $5
                          1B M Carpenter $29
                          3B J Turner $24
                          SS F Lindor $16

2b D Pedroia $1 (I was trying to buy a 2b for what felt like 2 hours and kept getting beat)
                          MI J Segura $33 (I needed some speed and I think he gets to hit near the top of that lineup all year)
                          CI C Moran $2 (Also spent the last 2 hours trying to find a CI that I could get, will probably be playing the WW on this spot or the UT spot I have Freese in )
                          OF M Ozuna $19
                          OF N Castellanos $29 (I liked this buy actually)
                          OF E Inciarte $20 (again needed some speed from an OF slot)
                          OF N Markakis $8 (RotoWire really likes him in their software, we will see)
                          OF O Herrera $10 (not bad in my mind at the time, but cost me flexibility with money)
                          UT D Freese $1 (gives me an option to replace Moran if his PT crumbles and then I can pick up anyone to go to this slot)
                          UT Dustin Fowler $1 (wanted one guy with keeper potential and had Zimmer and Folwer in my cue late, Zimmer went before me)

P J Taillon $11
                          P L Severino $7
                          P J Happ $9
                          P R Lopez $1
                          P W Smith $5

P K Giles $19
                          P S Lugo $2
                          P Trevor Richards $3
                          P R Pressly

RSV
                          P L Lynn $1 (he looked better in NY to end the year and had been fairly consistent before the trash first half with MIN, play the road matchups and since we do mid-week lineup changes I can do that easily)
                          P Merrill Kelly $1 ( one of those guys we should know quickly if he has it or if he is WW material)
                          P C Stammen $2 ( a good mid week replacement when I don't have any starters going)
                          P N Kingham $1 (Out of options and definitely more talented than Jordan Lyles, should get to the rotation eventually)
                          P Edwin Jackson $1 ( last year was garbage, but in 2017 he was good. For a buck I wanted to see if he can get it back together)

I got over my RBI target and my OBP target, in fact I am at .348 projected OBP so I should be able to trade for a crap OBP guy to help me in either HR or SB. I have myself short about 35 HR, SB, and RBI.

I have myself getting to my ratio targets in pitching, but short on saves. The K and W numbers only calculate your starters so I am short but I took 5 RSV pitchers so I could get extra starts or relief appearances so it should be closer than the projections.

I need Lindor to be good from day one and Severino to be back by June 1st and pitching like himself. I'll need to fill my UT2, 2b, and CI slots by watching the wire or trading. I don't love it, but I knew I wouldn't love it going in so I'll try to manage it as best I can. Always a fun league.
                          Last edited by frae; 03-19-2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Not sure how you finish in the middle in Wins and K's with that staff? Unless half the league has a worse staff. You dont have even 1 SP that would be in the top 50. I hope your optimism rings true for you!
                            I think that both Luzardo and Wright contribute this season, and I have enough speed to be able to deal for a starter if need be. Plus, my relievers are all high K guys, so they'll help out there quite a bit...don't need to win, just get 5-7 points in both Wins and K's.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I know you don't want to hear this, but ... it is happening ... again ...

It seems all rosters reflect their pre-auction status.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                Not sure how you finish in the middle in Wins and K's with that staff? Unless half the league has a worse staff.
                                You answered your own question, lol
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X