12TO Team From Last Night Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12TO Team From Last Night Auction

We had our draft last night. This is a result of winging it. Should have been more prepared and a game plan would have helped. Thinking this is not how to win in fantasy baseball. At least I enjoyed the draft.

C Wilson Ramos $5 keeper
    1B Ryan Zimmerman $15
    3B Josh Donaldson $36
    CI Maikel Franco $14
    2B Jeff McNeil $17
    SS Manny Machado $56
    MI Alen Hanson $2
    OF Yoenis Cespedes $12
    OF Franchy Cordero $3 keeper
    OF Adam Duval $2
    OF Manuel Margot $5 keeper
    OF Alex Verdugo $5 keeper
    U Dereck Dietrich $2
    U Matt Kemp $11

R Jedd Gyorko $1
    R JT Riddle $1

P Corbin Burnes $5 keeper
    P Patrick Corbin $11 keeper through 2020
    P Mike Folty $8 keeper on his way to being out for the season
    P Kevin Gausman $10
    P Chris Paddack $16
    P Freddie Peralta $8
    P Hyun-Ryu $9
    P Pedro Strop $2 keeper
    P Kirby Yates $6 keeper thought 2020

R Adam Conley $1
    P Yoshihisa Hirano $1
    P Seung-Hwan Oh $1

The name of the game is to have fun. You said you did so that is good.

I am surprised to read that your plan was to "wing it." There is always some winging it but that is around a basic plan. You have some very interesting players at good prices that I am targeting. I hope to get a couple. You seem to have gotten most of them, too many. It will be interesting if all of them happened to perform at the top of their projections.

That said this is a pretty good team to rebuild with or maybe make a run if you can pick up some X stud contracts later in the year.

I would be a bit patient before jumping into trades.

Comment

Hey, you had fun, and on the positive side, Folty threw from a mound with no reported problems yesterday. Beyond that...

Comment

I really like this team's upside, not sure why Brad is thinking it's so bad. Zimmerman $15 is the only buy I don't like. I wanted Paddack and McNeil, I was willing to go to $15 on each, so I love your prices there. Lower probability, but higher upside plays. Machado $56 and Donaldson $36 are decent buys in this league. Donaldson certainly has the ability to rebound bigtime. I might have chosen a different $50+ hitter than Machado, but can't complain.

Pitching is more up in the air. I don't like Gausman $10, but he could figure something out and overperform his pricetag. Even if Folty goes down, I like the odds of Corbin/Paddack to provide 2 very high ceilings, and Ryu, Peralta, Burnes could be pretty stable. You need K. Yates to not be traded into a setup role, although SD is approaching their contention window and might hang onto him. Also need to get lucky with Strop for saves, or find/acquire more saves later. So there's more question marks on pitching than offense, but I like the team for the most part, and especially like several of the auction buys with upside.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I waited too long to prepare and really hate using that as an excuse but in vast majority of draft I have a game plan with players I want to target and how much to spend etc. One of the basic problem with my team at least from what I see in the other teams in the league is that my farm system was practically non-existent when I took over this team last year. The cupboards were bare. In fact none of the previous owner farm players are no longer on my team. Part of being successful in this league is having a good farm. A player like Soto, Acuna or Buehlre can mean having a player like that on your team for 5 years. This helps in not only having good keepers but make your drafting easier. Last season my goal was to improve the farm and to try and go out and get as many cheap players through trading and FAAB. My keeper list was not up to my standard of what I want but it was an upgrade from the previous season. This team I drafted is a work in-progress but I like it better than last years draft. I need some luck(actually more than some) if I hope to contend. Getting PT for players like Verdugo, Cordero, Margot. Maybe if the Giants offense so bad Hansen becomes a super-utility. Cespedes come back in the 2nd half. My pitching I get lucky with Paddock and Peralta like please make the OD roster. I have no expectation for this team but sometimes things just roll right.

Comment

Working...
          X