Rosario - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosario - Need Help

So I have him for $10 going into his option year. Our list is due tomorrow at 3pm. Would you sign him to a 1 yr extension $5 to $15? There was improvements in the 2nd half of the season mostly in SB. The concerns that I have is that he still hasn't gotten his OBP to a point where he can be trusted as an everyday lead-off hitter and he hits for crap at Citi Field. I knew it was bad but when I looked it up it showed a BA of .204. Thoughts?

Nimmo looks like the Mets lead off hitter. And McNeil looks like the early favorite to bat second. So, i wouldn't extend Rosario at that price. His price will probably drop next year if he continues batting in the bottom third of the order this season.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

That is my thought too and we might be seeing him reach his potential still another 1-2 yrs. He is only 23. I had Story last season for $10 in his option season and didn't extend him. The problem as it always will be is predicting when that breakout is going to occur.

Comment

Working...
      X