Out for 2019 but worth stashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out for 2019 but worth stashing

Who are players out for 2019 from injury that you think are worth stashing for next year?
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

kopech
    mcculers

Comment

Sal Perez at the right price.

Comment

Garrett Richards - SDP
        Johnny Cueto - SFG

Comment

Dinelson Lamet returns from TJ this year, sometime around mid-season. He could be a nice strikeout stash for next year.

And on a related note, Mike Foltynewicz for 2021.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            Dinelson Lamet returns from TJ this year, sometime around mid-season. He could be a nice strikeout stash for next year.

And on a related note, Mike Foltynewicz for 2021.
            You think Folty is having TJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              You think Folty is having TJ?
              I'm worried:

"A little elbow soreness, nothing to worry about." ->
              "We're skipping a start, he could go if this was the regular season, nothing to worry about." ->
              "We're shutting him down for a bit as a precaution, nothing to worry about." ->
              "He's not going to be ready for Opening Day, nothing to worry about."

If he continues on the Dinelson Lamet 2018 track, the next three stops are:

"He's going to miss a few weeks to start the season, nothing to worry about."
              "He's going to miss six weeks, then he'll be back, nothing to worry about."
              "He's going to see Dr. Andrews."

I really hope this isn't the case. I just have a bad feeling that my $3 Folty is toast.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                Who are players out for 2019 from injury that you think are worth stashing for next year?
                Not out for the year, but Cespedes should come cheap.

I have a pretty strong offense so I might burn the spot and dollars at auction day with Cespedes. I can get some stats from the reserve round, he could help second half or be good trade bait for expiring contracts. I am just not sure what that cheap number looks like.

Comment

I'm worried:

"A little elbow soreness, nothing to worry about." ->
                  "We're skipping a start, he could go if this was the regular season, nothing to worry about." ->
                  "We're shutting him down for a bit as a precaution, nothing to worry about." ->
                  "He's not going to be ready for Opening Day, nothing to worry about."

If he continues on the Dinelson Lamet 2018 track, the next three stops are:

"He's going to miss a few weeks to start the season, nothing to worry about."
                  "He's going to miss six weeks, then he'll be back, nothing to worry about."
                  "He's going to see Dr. Andrews."

I really hope this isn't the case. I just have a bad feeling that my $3 Folty is toast.
                  And today's Folty update is "late April or May." Yes, I am officially panicked.

Comment

And today's Folty update is "late April or May." Yes, I am officially panicked.
                    Mind sending that link? I see articles out today that say he'll just miss 1 or 2 starts but they may be based on outdated information.

Comment

Mind sending that link? I see articles out today that say he'll just miss 1 or 2 starts but they may be based on outdated information.
                      Rotoworld headline says Folty out until late April followed by a question mark.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Atlanta Braves starting pitcher Mike Foltynewicz (elbow) is unlikely to pitch during the Braves' April 11-18 homestand, according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com.

The injury bug hit the Braves early and often during Spring Training. Luckily, nothing new has come of late, but the updates from those injuries have not

Comment

Tijuan Walker
                          Sean Manaea

Comment

Danny Salazar(?)
                            Jordan Montgomery
                            Brent Suter

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Danny Salazar(?)
                              Jordan Montgomery
                              Brent Suter