12-team mixed bench options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-team mixed bench options

12-team mixed 5x5. We use a preseason FAAB run to pick up our five bench players, using Vickrey. I have two DL players to replace, though I also have two minor leaguers to activate so that's a wash. I have no problem with picking up guys who are injured now who would definitely be keepers next year - keepers go up $5/yr, so I can bid $1 on a couple of them and if I end up with them, I'll run a short bench or give up on them.

Current roster:
    C: Astudillo $4, SPerez $1
    1B: Gallo $11 (keeper)
    2B: Dozier $7
    SS: TTurner $16 (keeper)
    3B: Donaldson $14
    CI: PAlonso $1
    MI: Castro $1
    OF: Soto $24 (keeper), Pham $11 (keeper), Buxton $16 (people burning off money at the end of the good-player phase), JD Martinez $41, GPolanco $3
    UT: Souza $1

SP: Scherzer $41, Verlander $26 (keeper), LCastillo $17, Clevinger $6 (keeper), Eovaldi $6, Maeda $6, Paddack $4, Strahm $1
    RP: May $2

relevant minors: Robles, Hampson

So I need a catcher, and maybe a first baseman if they keep Alonso down, and maybe a pitcher if they keep Paddack down. And it'd be nice to have a second possible closer, May isn't exactly a lock.

who should I target out of these:
    Robinson Chirinos
    Tyler Flowers
    Yan Gomes
    Carson Kelly
    Isiah Kiner-Falefa
    Martin Maldonado
    Brian McCann
    Omar Narvaez
    Max Stassi

Yonder Alonso
    Jeimer Candelario
    Yoenis Cespedes
    Franchy Cordero
    Delino DeShields
    Brett Gardner
    Odubel Herrera
    Jung-ho Kang
    Ryan McMahon
    Cedric Mullins
    Kevin Pillar
    Franmil Reyes
    Justin Smoak
    Dansby Swanson

Derek Holland
    Mark Melancon
    AJ Minter
    Brandon Morrow
    Shohei Ohtani (Pitcher, yes, they're separate)
    Michael Pineda
    Sergio Romo
    Drew Steckenrider
    Touki Toussaint
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

My targets would be Chirinos, Gomes, Stassi (Kelly really intrigues me for future though)
    Smoak, Alonso, Franmil, Franchy, Pillar (Franmil for Keeper may vault him to top depending on price)
    Morrow, Minter, Holland, Melancon for saves Ohtani for keeper purposes and Touki too again depending on price

Comment

In case you're interested, though I can't imagine why you would be, this is what I submitted:

dis SPerez KC: RChirinos Hou 4, YGomes Was 3, CKelly Ari 2
      wai OpenSlot1 FA: BMorrow ChC 6, AMinter Atl 3, DHolland SF 2
      wai OpenSlot2 FA: SOhtaniP LAA 2, TToussaint Atl 2, KWright Atl 2
      wai OpenSlot3 FA: DHolland SF 2, MPineda Min 2
      wai OpenSlot4 FA: FReyes SD 6, CMullins Bal 4, BGardner NYY 2
      wai OpenSlot5 FA: JKang Pit 4, RMcMahon Col 4, YAlonso CWS 4

I ended up with Morrow $4, Chirinos $3, Ohtani $1, DHolland $1, Kang $1, Gardner $1.

Guys that actually were contested:
      Franmil Reyes (went for $9, high bid $20, but there were a lot of people in the 6-9 range)
      McMahon 9
      Skaggs 8
      Romo 7
      Adames 7
      WFlores 6
      Marwin Gonzalez 6
      Betances 5
      CMullins 5

Toussaint went for 3, Kyle Wright wasn't purchased. Other guys I considered who weren't purchased: GHolland, Melancon, Pineda, Smoak, Alonso, Pillar, Franchy.

I'm probably going to cut Gardner for Pineda.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Pretty nice get. I know 1B deep but I'm surprised Smoak didn't go.

Comment

Working...
        X