• Show
Clear All

• Quick SP rank

C Anderson
    Woodruff
    Peacock
    Newcomb
    R Lopez

I have two but debating whether to pick up any of the other three. Categories are W+QS, K, ERA WHIP, S
    Last edited by DMT; 03-13-2019, 04:27 PM.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I'd be comfortable simply flipping that list. Peacock is the x factor, because has a lot of competition for a 5th starter job, but he also has the upside to top this list.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      C Anderson
      Woodruff
      Peacock
      Newcomb
      R Lopez

I have two but debating whether to pick up any of the other three. Categories are W+QS, K, ERA WHIP, S
      Peacock
      Lopez
      Woodruff
      Newcomb
      Anderson

Comment

Peacock

Have fun with the rest.

Comment

The worry about Peacock, aside from his current competition, which he should beat out, is what if keuchel comes back? It is still possible.

Comment

He's better as a middle reliever than the rest, I would think.

Comment

And hell, even if he came back tomorrow, he won't be starting until May; by then, lots of guys could be hurt.

Comment

Woodruff has some upside over a few of these guys if he gets that rotation spot.

Comment

Thanks for replies... I have Anderson and Woodruff but an going to submit a healthy bid for Peacock.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Thanks for replies... I have Anderson and Woodruff but an going to submit a healthy bid for Peacock.
                    I like Lopez this year too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      I like Lopez this year too.
                      Yea he'll be my contingency. It's funny I only bid $2 on Anderson because the defending champion was in dollar days and his groan when I bid $2 was worth every penny.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Yea he'll be my contingency. It's funny I only bid $2 on Anderson because the defending champion was in dollar days and his groan when I bid $2 was worth every penny.
                        I love that when that happens...as long as I am not the one doing the groaning.

Comment

Any word on Peacock being named 5th starter? Seems like a lot of people still projecting him for long relief. Another SP that slipped through the cracks is Kyle Gibson. Anyone like him better than Peacock?
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            I love that when that happens...as long as I am not the one doing the groaning.
                            I've been the one groaning far more often. I actually left a buck on the table this year, been awhile since that happened.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                            X