Hampson vs McMahon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hampson vs McMahon

Both players are having a real good spring. I have Hampson for $1 and very likely keeping him. Keeper list due this Sun. Insight as to how this could shape up?

Also read this article which makes it sound like Hampson the job or at least a leg up. https://roxpile.com/2019/03/12/color...d-base-role/4/

McMahon is doing a but better and I'd lean toward him getting the job, but I don't know. This is a big question to answer, because whoever gets it has some good upside.

Comment

Never trust the Rockies when it comes to rookies - have we learned nothing lol? I mean would you be 100% shocked if they move Murphy to second and somehow Mark Reynolds gets ABs at first base? Or, if they move Murphy to second, Desmond to first and CarGo gets another one-year deal? As much as both of these guys have talent (and both have options left, gulp), I am avoiding this situation in mixed leagues.

As for a $1 Hampson, I personally would be shopping him hard in advance of your deadline. There will certainly be buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Never trust the Rockies when it comes to rookies - have we learned nothing lol? I mean would you be 100% shocked if they move Murphy to second and somehow Mark Reynolds gets ABs at first base? Or, if they move Murphy to second, Desmond to first and CarGo gets another one-year deal? As much as both of these guys have talent (and both have options left, gulp), I am avoiding this situation in mixed leagues.

As for a $1 Hampson, I personally would be shopping him hard in advance of your deadline. There will certainly be buyers.
        Story won a job right out of ST 3 yrs ago. Understand the rest but I think with Murphy playing 1st well be less chance for injury so from what I have read it sound like that is the direction they are going in. Reynolds is like a cockroach surviving WWIII.

Comment

I'm not sure how it'll work out, but I feel confident both of these guys will have value this year.

I think Hampson is more assured of value because, even as a part-timer, his speed could pay dividends in SBs. McMahon needs more ABs to see his value.

In a 12-team NL-only, I'm keeping McMahon at $7 and Hampson at $2. I feel pretty confident that, together, they will earn more than $9 in 2019, maybe even a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            Story won a job right out of ST 3 yrs ago. Understand the rest but I think with Murphy playing 1st well be less chance for injury so from what I have read it sound like that is the direction they are going in. Reynolds is like a cockroach surviving WWIII.
            I just think you will get more for Hampson now than he will give you in 2019 if you kept him.

Comment

Hampson for a buck is a no-brainer keep. I think we’ll see a relatively straight platoon at 2B to start the season, with Hampson getting a few more AB’s when McMahon moves around to spell Murphy at first and Arenado at third. Hampson has a solid chance to win a lot more playing time as the season progresses with his superior defense. With his speed, he’ll easily earn $1 even with 350 to 400 AB’s.

There are NO plans to have Murphy in the 2B mix. The organization does NOT want him there, and is 100% committed to McMahon and/or Hampson at second. The ONLY way Murphy moves over is if McMahon and Hampson both bomb completely.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                I just think you will get more for Hampson now than he will give you in 2019 if you kept him.
                Funny you should say this. Last season I won him in FAAB and offer him in trade. Nada. Threw him back and re-faab later at a buck (originally had him for $7). I have let my team mates know he and a few other are available before our keeper list is due by Sun but still nothing. Strangely quiet. I believe based on his speed he will be a total bargain at $1. In the LABR he went for $16.

Comment

I need Hampson pretty badly or I won't have 2B stats for a few weeks.

To think, a month ago I was worried about Rodgers running away with this job.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

So, if Hampson wins a starting job, does he bat lead off? Because, if he bats toward the bottom of the lineup, that kills a lot of his fantasy value.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                      I'm not sure how it'll work out, but I feel confident both of these guys will have value this year.

I think Hampson is more assured of value because, even as a part-timer, his speed could pay dividends in SBs. McMahon needs more ABs to see his value.

In a 12-team NL-only, I'm keeping McMahon at $7 and Hampson at $2. I feel pretty confident that, together, they will earn more than $9 in 2019, maybe even a lot more.
                      Wow, funny coincidence. I saw the title of this thread and was hoping someone could give me advice. I'm in a standard 12-team NL-only 4x4 keeper league with about 25% inflation. I have McMahon at $8 and Hampson at $2! Hampson is a no brainer at this point. As for McMahon, going into Spring Training, I didn't have any thought at all of keeping McMahon for $8, but now... If they move Hampson around enough, I'm wondering if I should make an $8 McMahon my last keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                        Wow, funny coincidence. I saw the title of this thread and was hoping someone could give me advice. I'm in a standard 12-team NL-only 4x4 keeper league with about 25% inflation. I have McMahon at $8 and Hampson at $2! Hampson is a no brainer at this point. As for McMahon, going into Spring Training, I didn't have any thought at all of keeping McMahon for $8, but now... If they move Hampson around enough, I'm wondering if I should make an $8 McMahon my last keeper.
                        Don't forget that Daniel Murphy is likely to rested routinely and is always a risk to miss time, so that's another way for McMahon to pick up AB's...

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                          Yeah, in that format, Hampson is a lock. McMahon is more tricky. I'm keeping him because I have an extremely strong keeper list and he's currently my 1B, which seems weak, except that I have Pete Alonso in my minors to step in. Plus, I have a ton of resources at the draft. I'll be spending a lot at CI, so McMahon will soon be a UT for me on a team with many bench options. If my list was less strong, I think I'd be less bullish on McMahon.

But if you're going to spend an extra dollar on a cheaper roster spot, it's always good to spend it on a Rockies hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                            Yeah, in that format, Hampson is a lock. McMahon is more tricky. I'm keeping him because I have an extremely strong keeper list and he's currently my 1B, which seems weak, except that I have Pete Alonso in my minors to step in. Plus, I have a ton of resources at the draft. I'll be spending a lot at CI, so McMahon will soon be a UT for me on a team with many bench options. If my list was less strong, I think I'd be less bullish on McMahon.

But if you're going to spend an extra dollar on a cheaper roster spot, it's always good to spend it on a Rockies hitter.
                            Wait...are you sure you don't think you own my team by mistake? I also have Pete Alonso as a rookie in my minors to step in. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              So, if Hampson wins a starting job, does he bat lead off? Because, if he bats toward the bottom of the lineup, that kills a lot of his fantasy value.
                              His value depends on what you have him for or how much would you spend in the draft. I have him for $1 so keeping him is a no brainer. If he gets only 300-350 AB and hits towards the bottom of the line-up you could have round 20 SB and those 20 SB might be a conservative guess. Black has given the green light so that could also bode well. The potential is higher if he hits well and has a decent OBP. So $1 or a few dollars up to $10 should pay off. Now if you go $15-20 then that is a gamble not sure I would bid that much. My guess is that 2B will be a platoon to start so you have to bid accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                              X