Hampson vs McMahon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    So, if Hampson wins a starting job, does he bat lead off? Because, if he bats toward the bottom of the lineup, that kills a lot of his fantasy value.
    I'm pretty certain McMahon/Hampson will hit 7th, sandwiched between Ian Desmond and Chris Iannetta. Not the greatest news for fantasy owners, but Iannetta is a remarkably patient hitter, so that should benefit Hampson some.

By the way, Buddy Black said he is committed to the team speedsters running a lot more in 2019, so do with that what you will.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
      Wait...are you sure you don't think you own my team by mistake? I also have Pete Alonso as a rookie in my minors to step in. LOL.
      Heh, funny. Like minds.

I think $8 for McMahon and Alonso at 1B is a perfectly fine expenditure of resources in an NL-only. They're likely going to earn more than that and you would never get them for that at draft.

Comment

Desmond in CF is a little shaky. I would expect Hampson to play some CF too boosting his AB's. I like him this year and think his SB's and BA should pay off nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
          Desmond in CF is a little shaky. I would expect Hampson to play some CF too boosting his AB's. I like him this year and think his SB's and BA should pay off nicely.
          Good call - center field is another realistic path to more playing time for Hampson, and they have been giving him some innings out there. I don't think Desmond's outfield defense will be a problem so much as his offense could be - he's never really gotten his swing on track since joining the Rockies.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

I plan to keep Hampson at $8 fwiw. In addition to speed, he has delivered high BA at every stage of his career. Just a baseball rat.

McMahon May well be the guy at 2B. But I think the Rockies will play McMahon (though they screwed with a lot of prospects over the years). Hampson also qualifies at SS in many leagues, which is nice.

Comment

Is there any chance that Hampson starts the year in AAA to get him everyday at bats? I'm considering him as my final keeper but don't want to use that spot on a minor league player.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dan O'Dowd, Clint Hurdle, Jim Tracy, and Walt Weiss have all moved on. The Rockies are under smarter management now, and the old trope about their mishandling of prospects doesn't apply anymore.

Comment

FWIW, Hampson hasn't started a game in about a week now.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Garrett Hampson has been held out of Cactus League action since last Saturday due to tightness in his right hamstring, but he's expected to be in the lineup this Saturday.

Hampson insists that the Rockies holding him out has been "precautionary." While that's good to hear, he can't afford to miss any more time as he battles Ryan McMahon for the team's second base gig. Both Hampson (.308/.379/.654, three home runs, five steals) and McMahon (.444/.488/.833, two home runs) have been outstanding at the plate this spring, but Hampson holds the perceived edge because he's the better defender.
                    (Source: Thomas Harding on Twitter/Rotoworld)
                    Mar 15, 2019, 2:19 PM

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X