Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for Keeper Options!!!!

14 team...mixed..5x5...$300 budget..can keep up to 9
    Same league with Mith and Madducks. I'm the owner that got Ramirez in Mith's trade post.

C - Francisco Mejia 1a
    1B - Ji-Man Choi $1a
    2B - Yoan Moncada $11B
    SS - Elvis Andrus $6B
    3B - Jose Ramirez $11C
    SS - Adalberto Mondesi $1A
    1B - Matt Olson $6B
    OF - Brandon Nimmo $1A
    OF - Joc Pederson $1A
    OF - Kyle Tucker $1A
    OF - Scott Schebler $1A
    OF - Steven Souza $6B
    SP - Corey Kluber $56B
    SP - Luis Castillo $6B
    SP - Shane Bieber $1A
    SP - Jon Gray $10A
    SP - Anthony DeSclafani $1A
    SP - Sandy Alcantara $1A
    RP - Jose Leclerc $1A
    RP - Seranthony Dominguez $1A
    RP - Drew Steckenrider $1A

My current choices are in bold but would love opinions from our experts! Thanks in advance!

Choi, Andrus, and the closers give me pause. Moncada is the only guy I'd consider throwing back from your list.

He's almost a post-hype guy at this point. I might opt for Steck or Choi instead. 30 SV or HR could easily outearn Moncada.

Interested to see what others think of him. Will he put it together this year?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I thought about Steck or Choi. There is talk that Romo could take the closer in Miami....and I'm not sure what to think of Choi's situation right now. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        Choi, Andrus, and the closers give me pause. Moncada is the only guy I'd consider throwing back from your list.

He's almost a post-hype guy at this point. I might opt for Steck or Choi instead. 30 SV or HR could easily outearn Moncada.

Interested to see what others think of him. Will he put it together this year?
        Moncada stuck out to me as well. But after further review I think it is because the rest of your team is at such good prices. Mondesi, Nimmo and Bieber for a buck each is insane.

If you had to cut Moncada there are 3 or 4 I could see filling the spot. Choi being one of them. But you don't have cut Moncada. So keep him and take your 204 dollars and have fun at the auction.

Nice team. I think you got it right.
        Last edited by Gregg; 03-12-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

$56 for Kluber seems high. What other elite options do you expect to be available in the auction that may go for a similar amount?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            $56 for Kluber seems high. What other elite options do you expect to be available in the auction that may go for a similar amount?
            We know deGrom is $56 from another post.

Comment

What does inflation run in this league?
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Even with a $300 budget, $56 seems high for Kluber. I might keep Choi instead with 30 HR potential and a nice spot in that lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  What does inflation run in this league?
                  Insane. But remember we have a $300 budget, not $260.

Scherzer $68
                  Carrasco $62
                  DeGrom $56 ( i am keeping him)
                  Sale $56

These top SP will be in the auction: Kershaw, Thor, Strasburg, MadBum, maybe Grienke
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    These are the best SP that will be in the auction: Kershaw, Thor, Strasburg, MadBum, maybe Grienke. Would you consider keeping Kluber given this list?
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Insane. But remember we have a $300 budget, not $260.

These top SP will be in the auction: Kershaw, Thor, Strasburg, MadBum, maybe Grienke
                      Thor is the only guy you can really trust from this list, so Kluber is a no-brainer. Some of these guys will go for similar dollars due to scarcity and inflation.
                      Last edited by virgonomic; 03-15-2019, 08:32 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

These are the best SP that will be in the auction: Kershaw, Thor, Strasburg, MadBum, maybe Grienke. Would you consider keeping Kluber given this list?
                        Yep and taking a chunk of my 204 bucks and getting another one of those listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Yep and taking a chunk of my 204 bucks and getting another one of those listed.
                          I'm not real convinced to spend big money on any of these SP.

Comment

I'm not real convinced to spend big money on any of these SP.
                            I said chunk not big.

Thor- about $45. Strass 35 Greinke 35 Kershaw 35, Madbum- 30 depending how the auction was playing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I said chunk not big.

Thor- about $45. Strass 35 Greinke 35 Kershaw 35, Madbum- 30 depending how the auction was playing out.
                              I should have been more specific when using the term "big" The prices you listed would be too much for me to go after any of them as i don't trust them enough to spend those amounts on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X