No announcement yet.

Help needed for Keeper Options!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given those prices I don't think Kluber at $56 is too much.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I agree with your current choices:

2B - Yoan Moncada $11B
      3B - Jose Ramirez $11C
      SS - Adalberto Mondesi $1A
      1B - Matt Olson $6B
      OF - Brandon Nimmo $1A
      SP - Corey Kluber $56B
      SP - Luis Castillo $6B
      SP - Shane Bieber $1A
      RP - Jose Leclerc $1A
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I'm curious as to the love for Choi. I grabbed him last year from the WW for a reason; is there something I may be missing about him?

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
          Thanks for the input guys. I'm curious as to the love for Choi. I grabbed him last year from the WW for a reason; is there something I may be missing about him?
          He's the (ji) MAN!!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

27 year old in a better situation with power for a buck.

I actually stated I would take Choi if you did not have Moncada but you do.

Comment

Choi isn't keepable in a mixed league. If you love him, grab him for a buck or in the reserves. I've seen several drafts where he wasn't taken at all. He wasn't taken in 29 rounds of LABR mixed.

Not to say there isn't potential, but I don't see him as a guy you would ever identify as a keeper unless you were just forced to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Choi isn't keepable in a mixed league. If you love him, grab him for a buck or in the reserves. I've seen several drafts where he wasn't taken at all. He wasn't taken in 29 rounds of LABR mixed.

Not to say there isn't potential, but I don't see him as a guy you would ever identify as a keeper unless you were just forced to do so.
                This makes sense.

Not to argue, I want at "value" all of my allowable keeper slots filled before auction. If I am going to roster some $1 players for 2019 I would not have a problem keeping one for my last keeper if that was all I had left.

I do think Choi will easily produce more than a $1 investment. This is not that. Moncada is the play.

I do hope there is no love for Choi in my AL only keeper. I have a buck or two put aside for my UT spot and would be happy to pencil him in.

Comment

I've been looking at possible deals to upgrade a little, but it seems like quite a few owners will not consider dealing players they consider keepers. They are more than willing to deal their leftovers.

Comment

I've been looking at possible deals to upgrade a little, but it seems like quite a few owners will not consider dealing players they consider keepers. They are more than willing to deal their leftovers.
                    I run into that issue around this time of the offseason too.

ME: I'm interested in some trades, who are you considering trading at this point?
                    THEM: <Lists 10 players who are extremely overpriced or terrible>
                    ME: Thanks for the list but those don't look like keepers to me.
                    THEM: I know that's why I'm trading them.
                    ME: Why would you think I'd want them if they are not keepable?
                    THEM: ...
                    ME: You have a nice list but those names you listed aren't really interesting to me. Who are you interested in on my team?
                    THEM: <PlayerA>
                    ME: Okay, I really like him, but I'm willing to talk, there might be a match. What do you think of a 1-1 trade for <PlayerB>
                    THEM: Nah, <PlayerB> is a keeper
                    ME: ... right... that's why I'm interested in trading for him
                    THEM: I don't want to trade my keepers.
                    ME: ... okay then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I run into that issue around this time of the offseason too.

ME: I'm interested in some trades, who are you considering trading at this point?
                      THEM: <Lists 10 players who are extremely overpriced or terrible>
                      ME: Thanks for the list but those don't look like keepers to me.
                      THEM: I know that's why I'm trading them.
                      ME: Why would you think I'd want them if they are not keepable?
                      THEM: ...
                      ME: You have a nice list but those names you listed aren't really interesting to me. Who are you interested in on my team?
                      THEM: <PlayerA>
                      ME: Okay, I really like him, but I'm willing to talk, there might be a match. What do you think of a 1-1 trade for <PlayerB>
                      THEM: Nah, <PlayerB> is a keeper
                      ME: ... right... that's why I'm interested in trading for him
                      THEM: I don't want to trade my keepers.
                      ME: ... okay then.
                      That's about right. Since we have to keep whatever player we acquire in an offseason trade, these guys don't or won't understand that if the get one of my keepers, he will have to replace one of theirs

Comment

Would you consider trading Bieber for any of the following? Moustakas 14a, DeJong 6b, or Mazara 11c?

Comment

I would not for a $1A Bieber

Comment

Working...
                          X