Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little help with my AL only team please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help with my AL only team please.

Here is what my current roster looks like in my AL 5x5 OBP instead of ave. and SB-CS. $260 budget I have spent $186 on this roster. I can keep 11. The rookies use a spot but do not count against cap.

Trying to trade Marsh for a better keeper for 10 bucks or under if I can find value.

I am also trying to decide if I should give Ramirez a one year raise for $5 bucks.

C
    C
    1B
    2B Rougned Odor 2B | TEX 25A
    3B
    SS
    MI Jose Ramirez 3B | CLE 35B
    CI
    OF Mookie Betts OF | BOS 45A
    OF Adam Engel OF | CHW 1A
    OF
    OF Leonys Martin OF | CLE 5A
    OF
    U

RESERVES

OF Jo Adell OF | LAA 15F
    OF Brandon Marsh 2F

PITCHERS

P Shane Bieber P | CLE 14FA
    P Gerrit Cole P 40A
    P
    P Andrew Heaney 2B
    P
    P
    P David Price P | BOS 19B
    P
    P

I still have Minor 8A (streamer has him 7.2) and Fiers 2A (streamer has him 5.0) that I could keep if I wanted to drop Marsh. Or if I can trade Marsh for a reserve draft uptick. Marsh is 2F and would have trade value after the All Star break.

Summarizing the questions:

Keep Marsh 2F (free) or trade him for a $10 or less keeper.
    If I cannot find a trading partner Keep Marsh or drop him for Minor or Fiers?
    Do I give Ramirez a one year raise?

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Here is what my current roster looks like in my AL 5x5 OBP instead of ave. and SB-CS. $260 budget I have spent $186 on this roster. I can keep 11. The rookies use a spot but do not count against cap.

Trying to trade Marsh for a better keeper for 10 bucks or under if I can find value.

I am also trying to decide if I should give Ramirez a one year raise for $5 bucks.

C
    C
    1B
    2B Rougned Odor 2B | TEX 25A
    3B
    SS
    MI Jose Ramirez 3B | CLE 35B
    CI
    OF Mookie Betts OF | BOS 45A
    OF Adam Engel OF | CHW 1A
    OF
    OF Leonys Martin OF | CLE 5A
    OF
    U

RESERVES

OF Jo Adell OF | LAA 15F
    OF Brandon Marsh 2F

PITCHERS

P Shane Bieber P | CLE 14FA
    P Gerrit Cole P 40A
    P
    P Andrew Heaney 2B
    P
    P
    P David Price P | BOS 19B
    P
    P

I still have Minor 8A (streamer has him 7.2) and Fiers 2A (streamer has him 5.0) that I could keep if I wanted to drop Marsh. Or if I can trade Marsh for a reserve draft uptick. Marsh is 2F and would have trade value after the All Star break.

Summarizing the questions:

Keep Marsh 2F (free) or trade him for a $10 or less keeper.
    If I cannot find a trading partner Keep Marsh or drop him for Minor or Fiers?
    Do I give Ramirez a one year raise?
    you are already protecting a ton of money in betts/odor/ramirez, so no, no extension.
    I am not sure I keep engel at $1. terrible on base %, not a great base stealer (and you already have ramirez/betts).

Comment

I would definitely give Ramirez a one year raise for $5.

Not familiar with low minors players. So i can't offer advice on Marsh.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I really like this team.

Extending JoRam comes down to a) how much inflation is there? If significant, extend, or b) if inflation is not significant, will you get a significant trade return on him if extended, will he be seen as a top keeper option, if so extend.

I would not keep Marsh. With just 11 keepers per team a minor league player needs to be either elite (think top 10-20) or very close to contributing, I don't see Marsh as either one personally although with young prospects the error bars are high obviously.

I would keep Engel.

I'll reiterate again though, I really like this team.

Comment

Thank you all for the input.

I think the Ramirez additional year might hinge on who I can get and how much they cost for the Marsh replacement.

If I can't replace Marsh via trade, would any of you keep Minor 8A or Fiers 2A in his place?

Comment

I think the Ramirez additional year might hinge on who I can get and how much they cost for the Marsh replacement.
            Might be too abstract, but in theory I'd submit it shouldn't. The Ramirez decision should depend on Ramirez.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Might be too abstract, but in theory I'd submit it shouldn't. The Ramirez decision should depend on Ramirez.
              I understand the theory.

The artistic way I play the game sometimes deviates from the math.

Then again, I really want to give the year so I can make the math work with my art..ha

Do you have a thought on one of the existing pitchers to replace Marsh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I really like this team.

Extending JoRam comes down to a) how much inflation is there? If significant, extend, or b) if inflation is not significant, will you get a significant trade return on him if extended, will he be seen as a top keeper option, if so extend.

I would not keep Marsh. With just 11 keepers per team a minor league player needs to be either elite (think top 10-20) or very close to contributing, I don't see Marsh as either one personally although with young prospects the error bars are high obviously.

I would keep Engel.

I'll reiterate again though, I really like this team.
                Thank you Ken.

I just traded Marsh my 6th round pick 11th in the round plus another 6th round pick 4th in the round for Villar $25 and done plus his 8th and 9th round picks 12th in each round.

Comment

Good trade.

Just because I always am looking at cause and effect - Does adding Villar change your thoughts on keeping Odor?

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
                    Good trade.

Just because I always am looking at cause and effect - Does adding Villar change your thoughts on keeping Odor?
                    Thank you Rush.

It does not change my thoughts on keeping Odor. I think my roster is pretty set and I will begin to prepare my cheap tier lists and where I want to spend my money.

I do a lot of trading so I don't say never. If someone came to me with an offer that made sense I would trade him.

I have checked SS and Closers to see if a swap makes sense. It does not.

On the SS side of things they are either too cheap and their owners would not trade or too expensive for the production and I do not want them.

On the closer side of things 8 of the top 12 will be back in auction. The other 4 are more than I want to pay. I expect 2 of those to be back in.

That was a long way to say willing but not expecting/trying to.

Comment

I love Villar at $25 in AL only this year. I kept him at $31 in my 12 team AL only.

As the game shifts more to a widespread stars and scrubs mentality, I notice inflation hits hardest on studs. So you're often better off locking up a near value stud as a hedge against auction inflation. I also don't like Engel, so Villar relieves your pressure of needing Engel to stay in the lineup, as he could hurt your OBP.

I would extend Ramirez 1 year. Refer to my earlier thoughts on stud inflation. With Betts at $45, Cole at $40, I don't see a real downside to 2 years of Ramirez at $40.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Thank you Rush.

It does not change my thoughts on keeping Odor. I think my roster is pretty set and I will begin to prepare my cheap tier lists and where I want to spend my money.

I do a lot of trading so I don't say never. If someone came to me with an offer that made sense I would trade him.

I have checked SS and Closers to see if a swap makes sense. It does not.

On the SS side of things they are either too cheap and their owners would not trade or too expensive for the production and I do not want them.

On the closer side of things 8 of the top 12 will be back in auction. The other 4 are more than I want to pay. I expect 2 of those to be back in.

That was a long way to say willing but not expecting/trying to.

You sound like me.

If that many closers are back in the auction, you should do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          I love Villar at $25 in AL only this year. I kept him at $31 in my 12 team AL only.

As the game shifts more to a widespread stars and scrubs mentality, I notice inflation hits hardest on studs. So you're often better off locking up a near value stud as a hedge against auction inflation. I also don't like Engel, so Villar relieves your pressure of needing Engel to stay in the lineup, as he could hurt your OBP.

I would extend Ramirez 1 year. Refer to my earlier thoughts on stud inflation. With Betts at $45, Cole at $40, I don't see a real downside to 2 years of Ramirez at $40.
                          Well, if the world is going stars and scrubs, Villar is the poster boy, because, even in Baltimore, he could be either one!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            Well, if the world is going stars and scrubs, Villar is the poster boy, because, even in Baltimore, he could be either one!
                            True, but Villar's value is also tied to analytics creating a growing SB scarcity. With only 10 or so guys capable of 30+ SB, it puts them into stud territory. I also think more than half of the big SB guys are at risk of losing playing time for general crappiness. B. Hamilton, D. Gordon, and Deshields are going to cost $20+, so it makes a profile like Villar stand out that he adds 15 HR. Hitting top 3rd ot the lineup makes a huge difference in R/RBI. Much less PT risk with Villar, I think. All of those factors lead me to take the plunge on him. If the floor is .230 BA, 8 HR, 80 R + RBI, 25 SB... well, that doesnt seem far off from the expected results for Deshields or Hamilton. I think the extra few bucks are worth it for the higher ceiling.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Must be an extremely shallow league if you consider anything that Villar has done while getting full time ABs a "scrub". 8 HR/21 SB in half a season in Baltimore doesn't seem to qualify as scrub material.

Comment

Working...
                              X