Trade thoughts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade thoughts..

14 team...mixed...5x5... $300 budget..up to 9 keepers.
    C,1B 2B,3B,SS, 4OF, 2UT
    5SP..2RP..2P

Team A traded Jose Ramirez $11 expiring contract to

Team B for $1 J. Polanco, $1 Matt Chapman and $8 Haniger all can be kept for 3 more years for $5 increase each year.

Now Team A had a pretty weak list of keepers and nowhere near 9 good keepers. He said he made the deal to improve his overall keeper list going into the auction

So would you have dealt Ramirez for those 3 if you had a really poor keeper list?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 03-12-2019, 10:32 AM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Team B pulled off a good trade for his club...all 3 guys are solid contributors.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Team B pulled off a good trade for his club...all 3 guys are solid contributors.
      Not sure you read it correctly or i didn't explain it properly. Team B got Ramirez.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Looks like Team A lost a lot of speed (Ramirez) for a gain in power (Haniger & Chapman) with speed being the more scarce commodity. Polanco, to me seems not much better than the available free agents in this league and is expendable.

I can understand wanting more keepers. But, it seems a lot early to be giving up on a season that hasn't even started yet. And Ramirez, even though he can't be kept beyond 2019, is the type of player found on championship teams. You can't find top 10 players on the waiver wire. Maybe it's part of a grander plan for the upcoming draft. But, i would have kept Ramirez.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          14 team...mixed...5x5... $300 budget..up to 9 keepers.
          C,1B 2B,3B,SS, 4OF, 2UT
          5SP..2RP..2P

Team A traded Jose Ramirez $11 expiring contract to

Team B for $1 J. Polanco, $1 Matt Chapman and $8 Haniger all can be kept for 3 more years for $5 increase each year.

Now Team A had a pretty weak list of keepers and nowhere near 9 good keepers. He said he made the deal to improve his overall keeper list going into the auction

So would you have dealt Ramirez for those 3 if you had a really poor keeper list?

Thoughts?
          It would depend what was back in the auction and what my few keepers were.

I do like a $1 Chapman. It was not a bad trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Yeah, it wasn't a bad trade. Just not what i would have done.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I don't think that it was a terrible trade, but I'm big on having studs. I think that an $11 Ramirez and 2 other players would be better than the 3 players he received.

Comment

I don't think that it was a terrible trade, but I'm big on having studs. I think that an $11 Ramirez and 2 other players would be better than the 3 players he received.
                Me too.

But in this case it is more about individual ways we play the game. What is most fun. What is most comfortable.

I personally like to have all of my keeper spots filled going into the auction if possible. But not at the expense of keeping mid to low level players at high prices.

Comment

Whoever you got is awful, Mith. They won't even be able to get a hit in every game. Embarrassing really.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    Whoever you got is awful, Mith. They won't even be able to get a hit in every game. Embarrassing really.
                    I wasn't involved but my team sucks!

Comment

Not sure you read it correctly or i didn't explain it properly. Team B got Ramirez.
                      Obviously, you explained it poorly...

Still stand with the team that got the 3 players...Ramirez had a mediocre (for him) last 2 months of the season. Sign of things to come?
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                      X