Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw this today at the bottom of the Forum page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this today at the bottom of the Forum page.

Bill Veeck's White Sox become the first team to put the players' names on the back of the jersey (1960)

I did not know this. I am also surprised on how late in the game this happened.

And it wasn't only for baseball -- they were the first team in major pro sports to put names on the back of the jersey.

I added a bunch of those tidbits awhile back (but I think only for the first few months of the calendar year), and just added a bunch of other celebratory days. It's kind of a pain in the arse, but I think it's a fun little thing.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      And it wasn't only for baseball -- they were the first team in major pro sports to put names on the back of the jersey.

I added a bunch of those tidbits awhile back (but I think only for the first few months of the calendar year), and just added a bunch of other celebratory days. It's kind of a pain in the arse, but I think it's a fun little thing.
      Didn't know this either.

It is fun. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Bill Veeck's White Sox become the first team to put the players' names on the back of the jersey (1960)

I did not know this. I am also surprised on how late in the game this happened.
        Why on Earth were you in the Forum?
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

first time I've seen it as well... nice addition revo, thanks gregg for calling it out.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
          X