X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19 Greg Allen

He went for $9 in LABR AL only.

Streamer has him at 5.5.

CBS has him for 134 games with 490 ABs. 6 hr but 34 sbs.

For those prices (he is 10 in our AL only keeper) I like the sbs.

What do you say?

I'd definitely go double digits for the prospect of 30+ SB.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

He's probably an AL-only type, because in mixed leagues, even deep ones, it will be a rare occurrence when you actually start him. So how many of those projected 30+ SBs will actually be in your lineup? Granted, the Indians may have some openings in their starting OF, but I'm not sure he's going to be the guy to take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        He's probably an AL-only type, because in mixed leagues, even deep ones, it will be a rare occurrence when you actually start him. So how many of those projected 30+ SBs will actually be in your lineup? Granted, the Indians may have some openings in their starting OF, but I'm not sure he's going to be the guy to take advantage of it.
        Coming into draft season that was my perspective as well, but in a 15 team mixed league the I think he actually lines up as an OF5, which means he's starting most weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Coming into draft season that was my perspective as well, but in a 15 team mixed league the I think he actually lines up as an OF5, which means he's starting most weeks.
          Yeah, he could become useful, that's true, but at a double digit cost, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that. Maybe in my 16-tm redraft league he'll be a value in the 20-27th rounds.

Comment

Yeah, he could become useful, that's true, but at a double digit cost, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that. Maybe in my 16-tm redraft league he'll be a value in the 20-27th rounds.
            Round 23 in our RJ mock.

Definitely not double digits in a mixed league, but I think he's still a borderline startable player in mixed with some upside.

Comment

LABR AL only is 12 teams no inflation and he went for $9. Is that a reach?

Does he have a legit shot a 30 sbs or more? In our 12 team AL with inflation he may command more than that.

I don' t know enough about him to get a good read on him. He appears to be the main starter?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I don' t know enough about him to get a good read on him. He appears to be the main starter?
                No. Bauers, Martin, Naquin appear to be the starters, with Zimmer next up once he's healthy. I'm not sure Allen even makes the team out of ST.

Comment

No. Bauers, Martin, Naquin appear to be the starters, with Zimmer next up once he's healthy. I'm not sure Allen even makes the team out of ST.
                  I would be shocked if he didn't break camp with the team. FWIW (maybe not much given the tiny sample), he's hitting .409 this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                    I would be shocked if he didn't break camp with the team. FWIW (maybe not much given the tiny sample), he's hitting .409 this spring.
                    He'll make the team; but will he play? In any league where a Jarrod Dyson type is worth double digits, so is he. But that's what he is. The bat just isn't good enough without the blessings of BABIP gods.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      He'll make the team; but will he play? In any league where a Jarrod Dyson type is worth double digits, so is he. But that's what he is. The bat just isn't good enough without the blessings of BABIP gods.
                      Tito likes to rotate his players so until Zimmer comes back I think he will play.

Comment

But not every day. He'll just be another vanilla Cleveland OF who can't hit well enough to hold on to a job.

Comment

The signing of Carlos Gonzalez crowds the outfield a little bit more....probably enough to squeeze Allen out almost completely.

Comment

The signing of Carlos Gonzalez crowds the outfield a little bit more....probably enough to squeeze Allen out almost completely.
                            CarGo needs to go to extended spring and won't start opening day.

I get the feeling the Indians OF is going to be a sh!t show from day one, BUT, I think there's still a reasonable chance that Allen plays the Rajai Davis role this year and gets you 200 PAs and 20 steals. As long as that's what you're paying for, you'll be fine.

Comment

I have him in a 20 team league. For now, he's active over Scott Kingery.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X