Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF Happened? Just drafted.

List draft? Never heard of it.

That's some killer pitching but like others have said, pretty crap offense. Unfortunately, with Severino ailing and Kluber being lit up in his last outing it might be hard to make a trade to improve your offense right now. I would wait until you don't have to sell low then flip one of those for a stud hitter.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Who were your 2nd and 3rd picks?
    deGrom, Kluber, Severino have to be #1-3. Taillon could even be #4.

The FOS | MTARBL Champions 01/05/17 | Runner up 13-15
    12 Team AL 5x5
    IF Maldonado 1* Hundley 5 Encarnacion 26* Odor 16 YSanchez 10 Adames 5 Fletcher 10R TWhite 10
    OF Castellanos 30 Mazara 21 Piscotty 14* Soler 11* Rickard 10R NCruz 27*
    P Porcello 16 Peacock 16 Skaggs 12 Pineda 10 Gibson 1* Keller 1* Brooks 5R Barria 5R Rogers
    B Bichette 6 Hicks 15 Y.Alvarez 2R A.Kirilloff 1R Heaney 4 Biggio 2R Soria 2
    * = keeper R = reserve

List draft is the same as autodraft. BTW I picked #17 and #24, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by virgonomic View Post
    deGrom, Kluber, Severino have to be #1-3. Taillon could even be #4.
    Correct. My first four picks were all SP. Last year, in the same league my second SP pick was round 10. Blake Snell turned out well, but that isn't guaranteed. I traded Manny Machado and Whit Merrifield for Justin Verlander and Christian Yelich. I hope to trade Degrom or Kluber the same way. I just hope the deals I have out don't grab both at once.

I did some analysis on Monster using Fangraph's projections. I am not last in any category, which surprises me. I am first in the league in projected K and NSB, plus top five in OBA and WHIP. QS is not projected, but I'll go out on a limb and project that as top five also. So, if I can get the TB and RBI up to average, I should be in the hunt.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-12-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    List draft is the same as autodraft. BTW I picked #17 and #24, etc.

Correct. My first four picks were all SP. Last year, in the same league my second SP pick was round 10. Blake Snell turned out well, but that isn't guaranteed. I traded Manny Machado and Whit Merrifield for Justin Verlander and Christian Yelich. I hope to trade Degrom or Kluber the same way. I just hope the deals I have out don't grab both at once.

I did some analysis on Monster using Fangraph's projections. I am not last in any category, which surprises me. I am first in the league in projected K and NSB, plus top five in OBA and WHIP. QS is not projected, but I'll go out on a limb and project that as top five also. So, if I can get the TB and RBI up to average, I should be in the hunt.

J
    So part of the game is the team dictated by auto-draft and then let the trading begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    So part of the game is the team dictated by auto-draft and then let the trading begin?
    Exactly. WW opens tomorrow. Off the top of my head, I know that Salvador Perez was drafted. For my team, Bundy is expendable and one of the catchers. I'll check back in tomorrow.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-12-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

What catchers are on the wire? I'd cut both of them. Even in a 20-team league---you don't have a top 20 catcher. And yeah, that is so an auto-draft team---you can't tell it to stop with the pitchers. The only one I do is my office football league and I always end up with 5 running backs or 5 wide receivers and nothing of the other, no matter what I do with my pre-draft list.

Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    What catchers are on the wire? I'd cut both of them. Even in a 20-team league---you don't have a top 20 catcher. And yeah, that is so an auto-draft team---you can't tell it to stop with the pitchers. The only one I do is my office football league and I always end up with 5 running backs or 5 wide receivers and nothing of the other, no matter what I do with my pre-draft list.
    Point taken though it probably behooves waiting. I have a hunch several Cs will hit the wire shortly.

As it stands, only Carson Kelly, Sisco, and Gallagher rate to get 300 AB. Travis d'Arnad is out there for however long his body lasts. I would keep Barnes over them.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

I stayed up until waivers cleared. I did not get Dustin Pedroia, Chaz Roe, or Chance Sisco.

As free agents, I picked up Austin Hays, Willie Calhoun, and Trey Wingenter.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Sisco and Kelly are better than at least one of your guys. Why not pick up Kelly? At least he has upside.

It's a few weeks in. Alonso and Tatis made the team, which helped a lot. I traded Luis Castillo and Amed Rosario. I got back Cesar Hernandez, Richard Rodriguez and Justin Bour. Not the best. Luis Severino, my 3rd round pick, may be going down for the season, but I still have the best SP in the league.

I just recovered from a tumble into double digits. Should I be looking to move or should I stay the course?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera