Keeper List Due Tonight--Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper List Due Tonight--Thoughts?

The keeper lists in my main league are due tonight. I think I know what I want to do, but I have a couple of question marks. The rules are a bit weird---$300 auction budget, salaries go up $5 per year, and all keepers are locked in your active lineup until September unless on the IL except for reserve round minor leaguers. Slightly different positions---standard hitters except one catcher. 6 SP's and 5 RP's; all pitchers with at least five starts last year are SP only---nobody can be both; makes openers or guys who opened last year (Romo) almost worthless, because it gives a blank in an SP slot more or less. Here are the guys I plan on keeping now; the guys in bold are signed to guaranteed contracts already and must be kept unless a buyout for the full contract value (price of final year of contract) from draft dollars is paid, which makes them forced keepers.

C:
    1B:
    3B:
    CI:
    2B: Ozzie Albies $6
    SS: Carlos Correa $21
    MI: Amed Rosario $11
    OF: Ronald Acuna $6
    OF: Kyle Schwarber $16
    OF:
    OF:
    OF:
    UT:
    SP: Trevor Bauer $24
    SP: Jack Flaherty $6
    SP: Jameson Taillon $13
    SP: Mike Foltynewicz $6
    SP:
    SP:
    RP: Jose Alvarado $6
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    Res.: Austin Riley
    Res.: Kyle Wright
    Res.:
    Res.:

My other options are as follows: Ryan Brasier (RP) $6, Jeremy Jeffress (RP) $8, A.J. Minter (RP) $11, Cedric Mullins (OF) $6, Ji-Man Choi (UT) $6, Shohei Ohtani (UT/SP) $18, Harrison Bader (OF) $8, Ryan O'Hearn (1B) $6.

Brasier is the one that tempts me the most. If he has even a share of the closer's job in Boston, he'll be worth far more than $6, and even if mediocre and not getting saves, having him in an RP slot is not that harmful. I was leaning towards keeping Jeffress earlier, but his injury seems to kill his shot of closing. Minter is more or less the same. I love Ohtani, but missing a month and being UT only is tough---I don't think he'll cost any more than $18 anyway. Bader, O'Hearn, Mullins, and Choi seem too risky to lock in my lineup. Thoughts?

How many teams in the league?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      The keeper lists in my main league are due tonight. I think I know what I want to do, but I have a couple of question marks. The rules are a bit weird---$300 auction budget, salaries go up $5 per year, and all keepers are locked in your active lineup until September unless on the IL except for reserve round minor leaguers. Slightly different positions---standard hitters except one catcher. 6 SP's and 5 RP's; all pitchers with at least five starts last year are SP only---nobody can be both; makes openers or guys who opened last year (Romo) almost worthless, because it gives a blank in an SP slot more or less. Here are the guys I plan on keeping now; the guys in bold are signed to guaranteed contracts already and must be kept unless a buyout for the full contract value (price of final year of contract) from draft dollars is paid, which makes them forced keepers.

C:
      1B:
      3B:
      CI:
      2B: Ozzie Albies $6
      SS: Carlos Correa $21
      MI: Amed Rosario $11
      OF: Ronald Acuna $6
      OF: Kyle Schwarber $16
      OF:
      OF:
      OF:
      UT:
      SP: Trevor Bauer $24
      SP: Jack Flaherty $6
      SP: Jameson Taillon $13
      SP: Mike Foltynewicz $6
      SP:
      SP:
      RP: Jose Alvarado $6
      RP:
      RP:
      RP:
      RP:
      Res.: Austin Riley
      Res.: Kyle Wright
      Res.:
      Res.:

My other options are as follows: Ryan Brasier (RP) $6, Jeremy Jeffress (RP) $8, A.J. Minter (RP) $11, Cedric Mullins (OF) $6, Ji-Man Choi (UT) $6, Shohei Ohtani (UT/SP) $18, Harrison Bader (OF) $8, Ryan O'Hearn (1B) $6.

Brasier is the one that tempts me the most. If he has even a share of the closer's job in Boston, he'll be worth far more than $6, and even if mediocre and not getting saves, having him in an RP slot is not that harmful. I was leaning towards keeping Jeffress earlier, but his injury seems to kill his shot of closing. Minter is more or less the same. I love Ohtani, but missing a month and being UT only is tough---I don't think he'll cost any more than $18 anyway. Bader, O'Hearn, Mullins, and Choi seem too risky to lock in my lineup. Thoughts?
      Pretty sure that Kneble is going to be the closer anyway, so Jeffress is not a hard cut for me. Not crazy about Schwarber at 16, but he should give you 30 homers which I think that you need. I like Bader at 8 bucks for a 15/15 guy...replacing Schwarber perhaps? I think that the rest of your reasoning looks sound...

Oops, just noticed the buyout clause...looks like your stuck with Schwarber.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, Schwarber is in the list only because it is required. Bader just scared me for his bad platoon splits and the average at 15/15. Stuck in the lineup scares we with him.

And sorry, 16 teams.

(And yeah, same league I posted the poll about the best keeper list. Shockingly, my team was the one with Acuna and Albies if anyone didn't guess.)

Comment

Working...
        X