Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was I thinking? I drafted Eflin today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would easily take him for a buck in the end game. NL only with daily moves. 13 man reserves.

I also have Scherzer and Nola to help defer some of his "issues."

Comment

All this talk has me interested. Eflin is one of the hot pickups on Yahoo WW, right after Strahm, Paddack, and Wacha. Strahm is another one moving up my board.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        All this talk has me interested. Eflin is one of the hot pickups on Yahoo WW, right after Strahm, Paddack, and Wacha. Strahm is another one moving up my board.

J
        All the coaching in the world can't teach "stuff", they can only help the pitcher control where and when to throw it. If Eflin figures it all out---------------
        Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
          Strahm is another pick-up I managed to get. I have high hopes for him this year.

Comment

I definitely had him pegged as a reserve round guy, but it seems a lot of other Junkies are more optimistic. Then again, I'm an Eickhoff guy, but they can both succeed if Velasquez ends up in the 'pen, which is still a thing that can happen. More likely Eickhoff starts the year at AAA to finish stretching out, and waits for an opportunity.

Comment

He's definitely an endgame pick. As you say, Eickhoff going forward but am not so much March and April. Either way, when the first injury hits both Eickhoff and Eflin will be in the rotation.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I've started to see Eflin on a lot of "sleeper" lists lately. Many of his underlying metrics point to him having some really bad luck last year, and there are some advance metrics that would say that he should be in the same "sleeper" conversation that people keep having about Pivetta.

Comment

He went for $5 in the LABR NL auction.

Comment

He is definitely an endgame pick if he can be snagged for under $5. He is a keeper for $5 in the 12TO league. In my other NL league he is $7 but I don't think the owner will keep him.

Comment

Eflin's 2018 xwOBA (Baseball Savant) was .292 which would've put him in the range of Berrios, Freeland, and Carlos Martinez. Was happy to get him for a buck in my 8-team NL.

Comment

Zach Eflin struck out four and held the Yankees to two runs in 4 1/3 innings in Grapefruit league action on Wednesday.
                        He surrendered an RBI-single to Luke Voit in the first inning and let in another run when Brett Gardner lifted a sacrifice fly to plate Greg Bird in the second frame. Eflin has been on top of his game throughout the spring circuit and now owns a sparkling 2.70 ERA through 10 innings in three starts. The 24-year-old could be poised to improve upon his 11-8 record and 4.36 ERA in 24 starts last year.-RotoWorld

Comment

I'm not feeling so bad about my pick of Eflin now. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by minnehan View Post
                            I'm not feeling so bad about my pick of Eflin now. Thanks everybody!
                            And now he will be an end game target for me. I hope to get him for $2.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

I just saw him a sleeper list. Be warned.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Hopefully you started him today.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X