Wilmer Flores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilmer Flores

I have him for $7 and considering keeping him. The Dbacks infield I see 1B Lamb 2B Flores 3B Escobar and SS Ahmed. It also looks like Marte will be their primary CF so it looks like Flores should have a clear path to 500 AB. Does this seem realistic? If Flores was on the open market in a 12 team NL league what would you expect him to go for?

That's their plan, but I'm not 100% convinced. Flores is below-average vs. RHPs so I think they'll be forced to use Marte there again, or work in scrubs like Tomlinson. I think he gets 400 PAs or so, and take anything above that as gravy.

In a 12 tm NL only, I'd max bid probably around what you have him at, maybe $1 or $2 more depending on where he gets flipped.

Comment

I have him at $8 and am tossing him back. Love the guy but risk/reward tradeoff isn’t compelling at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        I have him for $7 and considering keeping him. The Dbacks infield I see 1B Lamb 2B Flores 3B Escobar and SS Ahmed. It also looks like Marte will be their primary CF so it looks like Flores should have a clear path to 500 AB. Does this seem realistic? If Flores was on the open market in a 12 team NL league what would you expect him to go for?
        For me it would depend on who is back in the auction and where I need to spend my money. In addition who would I be cutting from my keeper list to make room for him.

Comment

"opportunity cost" is your friend here. max in auction be might be $10, and clogging the space early might lead you to miss out on a better INF at a better price.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

He has arthritic knees and platoon splits. There's a hard ceiling for him here.

Comment

My rule of thumb is whether I would draft a player for $5 more, unless they are stars at high prices. Would you pay $12 for Flores? Would you have to?

Comment

Adam Jones signed with the D'Backs, which means Ketel Marte will now be playing 2B more, cutting into Flores PT.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Adam Jones signed with the D'Backs, which means Ketel Marte will now be playing 2B more, cutting into Flores PT.
                  I didn't keep him so that works out.

Comment

Working...
                  X