15-team auction HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15-team auction HDID

again with Ken and Lucky, 15-team mixed, 5x5, no trades, 7 man bench. I did not realize how high quality the dollar days players would be (especially the number of low-end closers that would be available) and so it didn't go exactly how I wanted at the end, but it maybe is okay?

C: Cervelli $1, Flowers $1
    1B: Flores $1
    2B: Gennett $17
    SS: Segura $26
    3B: Suarez $19
    CI: Kang $1
    MI: Murphy $19
    OF: Marte $30, McCutchen $11, Souza $3, Pillar $1, Stewart $1
    UT: Cruz $20

SP: Sale $38, Carrasco $32, Mikolas $17, Strahm $1, Paddack $1, Toussaint $1
    RP: Alvarado $8, Vizcaino $8, May $3

Bench: McMahon, DHolland, Melancon, Yarbrough, Thames, guy-I-like-too-much Richie Martin, Duggar
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Agree on dollar days, although I saw it coming with the prices that were being paid early. Everyone was a few bucks too high at the start, which made the whole thing feel like a keeper league auction where we had to account for inflation. In fact I was accounting for deflation throughout the middle of the auction and refusing to pay my standard prices because I was waiting for the deflated prices.

I like your McCutchen buy, that was one of the best deals of the night. And Sale at $38 is a good price in this format.

Comment

I like it. You might be able to move Murphy to 1B and backfill at 2B with McMahon or someone via trade. That would help. Amazing that you got both Sale and Carrasco. Like the Paddack pick; Touki less so but cheap. Agree on McCutchen.

Overall a solid looking team. Would look to patch the holes quickly so you don’t fall too far back in AB or IP. Worth sacrificing a star to get rid of some scrubs.

Mikolas a smart buy for IP dependability given other risks.

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        someone via trade.
        Not likely unless he finds a way to cheat, this is our notrades league

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          again with Ken and Lucky, 15-team mixed, 5x5, no trades, 7 man bench. I did not realize how high quality the dollar days players would be (especially the number of low-end closers that would be available) and so it didn't go exactly how I wanted at the end, but it maybe is okay?

C: Cervelli $1, Flowers $1
          1B: Flores $1
          2B: Gennett $17
          SS: Segura $26
          3B: Suarez $19
          CI: Kang $1
          MI: Murphy $19
          OF: Marte $30, McCutchen $11, Souza $3, Pillar $1, Stewart $1
          UT: Cruz $20

SP: Sale $38, Carrasco $32, Mikolas $17, Strahm $1, Paddack $1, Toussaint $1
          RP: Alvarado $8, Vizcaino $8, May $3

Bench: McMahon, DHolland, Melancon, Yarbrough, Thames, guy-I-like-too-much Richie Martin, Duggar
          Not enough power, IMO...if Kang comes through, maybe you'll be OK, otherwise, you'll be scratching all year.

Pitching is nice, big bonus if May is th closer...jury is still out on that.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

The team looks okay, more or a middle of the pack one. I like Suarez and Cutch at those prices, but Segura seems high, as does Marte. The power seems light as Hornsby noted.

Comment

Working...
            X