2K19 Antonio Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19 Antonio Brown

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers are "closing in on a deal" to trade Antonio Brown to the Bills.

Wow. It will be interesting to see what the Bills are sending the Steelers' direction, as Buffalo doesn't have any extra picks in the early rounds, holding their own first-, second-, and third-round picks, with the first being at No. 9 overall. Going from Ben Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh to Josh Allen and Buffalo is a significant downgrade for Brown both in football and life. His fantasy prospects will take a big hit with this deal. More to come when the deal is final.

(Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter/Rotoworld)
    Mar 7, 2019, 11:32 PM
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

If i open my window, i can hear the Steelers front office laughing.
    Last edited by madducks; 03-08-2019, 12:16 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow!!

Comment

Deal is dead. Once AB got wind of it, he said he wouldn't play for Buffalo no matter what. Buffalo officially killed the deal this morning.

Comment

Oh well, that was fun(ny) while it lasted. The Steeler have until March 17 before they have to pay Brown a $2.5 million roster bonus. Expect him to be dealt in the next 9 days. I always thought the Raiders were the favorites to get Antonio Brown with all of their extra high draft picks available for a trade.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Oh well, that was fun(ny) while it lasted. The Steeler have until March 17 before they have to pay Brown a $2.5 million roster bonus. Expect him to be dealt in the next 9 days. I always thought the Raiders were the favorites to get Antonio Brown with all of their extra high draft picks available for a trade.
            But they traded Mack and Cooper for those picks to set up a future. Why deal a pick and change that strategy?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              But they traded Mack and Cooper for those picks to set up a future. Why deal a pick and change that strategy?
              The Raiders are loaded with high draft picks this year (1.04 + 1.24 + 1.27 + 2.03 + 3.02) and the Steelers at this point would probably take a high 3rd round pick and some deflated footballs for Brown. The Raiders would still have plenty of picks left for their future.
              Last edited by madducks; 03-08-2019, 10:04 PM. Reason: 000

― Albert Einstein

Comment

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Antonio Brown wants to be the highest-paid receiver in the league.

According to Breer, the deal with the Bills dissolved in part because of Brown's contract demands, and the same thing happened with another potential suitor earlier in the week. Brown recently said he is "going to play by his rules," and those rules seem to include a raise on the little over $12 million per year he is scheduled to make the next three seasons. Unless he is willing to walk back those contract demands, the Steelers will have a tough time moving him despite his immense talent.
                (Source: MMQB/Rotoworld)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Traded to the Raiders for 2 picks

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Traded to the Raiders for 2 picks
                    For a 3rd round pick (3.02?) and a 5th round pick.

And Brown gets $50.125 million for the next 3 years. A substantial pay raise.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      The Raiders are loaded with high draft picks this year (1.04 + 1.24 + 1.27 + 2.03 + 3.02) and the Steelers at this point would probably take a high 3rd round pick and some deflated footballs for Brown. The Raiders would still have plenty of picks left for their future.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X