12-Team NL-Only keepers (5x5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-Team NL-Only keepers (5x5)

12-team NL-only 5x5, 23 man rosters (2 C, 5 OF, Util, 9 P), $260 auction day budget

Can keep up to 8 of the following:

C- Carson Kelly $1/1 year left on contract
    2B/OF - Zobrist $8/1
    3B - Camargo $9/1
    3B - Arenado $48/1
    OF - Mac Williamson $5/1
    OF - Harper $42/1
    OF - Schwarber $22/1

P - Wheeler $1/1
    P - J. Nelson $4/1
    P - Knebel $6/0
    P - Hader $5/0
    P - Urias $1/1
    P - Eflin $5/1

I didn't think Arenado or Harper would be viable at all but just got a trade offer for Arenado and wanted to see if he is indeed an option.

Thanks!

All of the pitchers and Kelly and Harper for me, unless you are positive Harper stays in the $40 range at the draft. If that's the case, then maybe Camargo but I dont love it. I'd just bank Harper even at value compared to Zobrist, Camargo, Scharber.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      12-team NL-only 5x5, 23 man rosters (2 C, 5 OF, Util, 9 P), $260 auction day budget

2B/OF - Zobrist $8/1
      3B - Camargo $9/1
      3B - Arenado $48/1
      OF - Mac Williamson $5/1
      OF - Harper $42/1
      OF - Schwarber $22/1

P - Wheeler $1/1
      P - J. Nelson $4/1
      P - Knebel $6/0
      P - Hader $5/0
      P - Urias $1/1
      P - Eflin $5/1

I didn't think Arenado or Harper would be viable at all but just got a trade offer for Arenado and wanted to see if he is indeed an option.

Thanks!
      I don't think I would tie up that much cash pre-auction by keeping both Arenado and Harper, but if you have reason to believe they will go that high again at draft, why not? You lose one year by keeping them, though. I agree that all the pitchers are your best bet, but, flip side, you tie up 2/3'rds of your staff pre-draft.

Maybe: trade Arenado for 1 or 2 nice keeper hitters, keep 4-5 pitchers and Harper? I have to think Harper is in for a massive season.
      As to Camargo, I can't see it, at that price.
      Urias should be on a strict pitch limit.
      Eflin has terrific stuff and shows signs of learning how to use it.
      Nelson is always a health risk and may also be limited.
      Do you HAVE to keep Kelly?
      Bearin' up!

Comment

I don't have to keep anyone - I don't even have to keep the full 8.

I'm a little surprised by the Eflin love. He had a really good June but every other month his ERA was 4.50+. Also, Jerad Eickhoff is seemingly finally healthy so he has little room for error. Fangraphs has him as the #116 SP for this year

Kelly seems like pretty good value at a buck - when 24 catchers need to be drafted things get ugly really quick.

Zobrist is one of those unsexy picks that at least ends up returning your investment. With Russell suspended and falling out of favor he might actually get more PT this year.

Arenado and Harper were two of the most expensive buys last year along with Bryant (43), Rizzo (40), Marte (36), and Seager (32). For some reason this league really spends on pitching so hitting goes a little cheaper than in some deep only leagues. Harper would probably go for around 45 if I made this trade assuming they keep Arenado. Now that I think about it, I probably should keep Harper since most of the other offensive guys are question marks.

Comment

Eflin had some blisters problems come July. I agree that I'd be loathe to keep 6 Ps, though.

I don't think Kelly can hit, period. I'd keep Harper and Zobrist - and maybe use the 8th slot on Mac Williamson. keep a close eye on him - if he's over the concussion issues, he will start and he will hit taters.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post

2B/OF - Zobrist $8/1
            3B - Camargo $9/1
            3B - Arenado $48/1
            OF - Mac Williamson $5/1
            OF - Harper $42/1
            OF - Schwarber $22/1

P - Wheeler $1/1
            P - J. Nelson $4/1
            P - Knebel $6/0
            P - Hader $5/0
            P - Urias $1/1
            P - Eflin $5/1

Thanks!
            Harper, Wheeler, Nelson, Hader, Knebel and Urias are definite keepers. Zorbist would be okay. Elfin is risky to me. Carson is blah. Don't think I would keep 8 out of this group. Throw Zorbist in there and call it a day.

Comment

3B - Arenado $48/1
              OF - Mac Williamson $5/1
              P - Wheeler $1/1
              P - J. Nelson $4/1
              P - Knebel $6/0
              P - Hader $5/0
              P - Urias $1/1
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ended up trading Arenado for a $2 Kieboom in my minors. We get 3 free minors and my only decent one is Mitch Keller so I thought it was worth it. Now I just have to decide if a $42 Harper is viable.

Comment

Hmmm. I might have kept Arenado. Regardless, your pitchers are all viable keepers. Eflin is the only possible toss back.

Might keep Williamson and Kelly, but I would be fine tossing both back frankly. Can’t you trade a pitcher for a hitter to balance it out a bit?

Comment

I would keep Harper now that Arenado is gone.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      I would keep Harper now that Arenado is gone.
                      I would as well.

Comment

Me 3.
                        Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Hmmm. I might have kept Arenado. Regardless, your pitchers are all viable keepers. Eflin is the only possible toss back.

Might keep Williamson and Kelly, but I would be fine tossing both back frankly. Can’t you trade a pitcher for a hitter to balance it out a bit?
                          Which pitcher do you think makes the most sense? Wheeler has gotten quite a bit of interest but at a buck and easily the best of the bunch I don't see myself getting enough back for him to be worth it. Urias has a lot of buzz right now, he might make sense since he'll be on an innings count. Hader probably makes sense too - he'll rack up the strikeouts but saves will be tough and wins are always a crapshoot.

Comment

Working...
                          X