Keeper Deadline Is Friday Midnight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Deadline Is Friday Midnight.

12TO NL 12 teams 5x5. We can keep 10 so I have to drop two. For the farm we can keep up to 10 but we only have 6 rounds in to draft so for sure I would need to keep at least 4.

C Ramos $5 yr 2 keeping
    1B Flores $7 yr 2 on the bubble
    OF Margot $5 yr 2 on the bubble
    OF Verdugo $5 yr1 keeping
    OF Duggar $5 yr 2 likely dropping
    OF Francy Cordero $3 yr 2 keeping

P Corbin $6 opt yr keeping
    P Folty $8 yr 2 keeping
    P Ryu $9 Opt yr keeping
    P Yates $1 Opt yr keeping but would you extend him 1 yr
    P Strop $2 yr 2 on the bubble but if Morrow has a set back
    P Burnes $5 yr 1 keeping

Farm
    Keibert Ruiz C | LAD keeping
    Will Craig 3B,1B | PIT dropping
    Lucas Erceg 3B | MIL undecided
    Hudson Potts 3B | SD undecided
    Ryan Vilade SS | COL undecided
    Drew Waters OF | ATL keeping
    DJ Peters OF | LAD undecided
    MacKenzie Gore P | SD keeping
    Adonis Medina P | PHI keeping
    Cal Quantrill P | SD undecided

I'd extend Yates 1 year, a $6 closer is a good price.
    I'd keep Strop. Even if he only closes for a month that's valuable in an NL only.

I guess I'd drop Duggar and Flores.

Comment

I would drop Duggar and Burnes.

Extend Yates one year.

Keep Quantrill as well.

Comment

Yeah, I'd agree with Ken on the majors drops, although Flores could end up outstatting Verdugo by a decent margin.

I'd also drop Quantrill and Craig...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I get the general consensus is to drop Flores but he is starting and playing in Arizona which to me is a boost in PT. Obviously anything can happen but I'm thinking that his line could be 20-25 HR 70-75 RBI and a BA around .270. Am I nuts to think this?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            I get the general consensus is to drop Flores but he is starting and playing in Arizona which to me is a boost in PT. Obviously anything can happen but I'm thinking that his line could be 20-25 HR 70-75 RBI and a BA around .270. Am I nuts to think this?
            No, you're not, although the BA may be a bit lower than that. I'd keep Flores over Verdugo, who is superb defensively but will probably be more valuable in real baseball than fantasy. I'd drop Quantrill, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              No, you're not, although the BA may be a bit lower than that. I'd keep Flores over Verdugo, who is superb defensively but will probably be more valuable in real baseball than fantasy. I'd drop Quantrill, by the way.
              I would keep Flores over Verdugo as well, my comments were solely based on the original post which said that he was keeping Verdugo. Under that assumption I was only dropping Flores based on his value relative to the others being dropped or on the bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I would keep Flores over Verdugo as well, my comments were solely based on the original post which said that he was keeping Verdugo. Under that assumption I was only dropping Flores based on his value relative to the others being dropped or on the bubble.
                My apologizes. The reason I was keeping Verdugo is that when we auction we have 23 spots plus 5 reserves so Verdugo yr 1 of his contract I would put been on reserves still able to get another OF. I do get it that Flores will out-produce Verdugo (likely) but Verdugo may be more valuable later on this season or next.

Comment

My apologizes. The reason I was keeping Verdugo is that when we auction we have 23 spots plus 5 reserves so Verdugo yr 1 of his contract I would put been on reserves still able to get another OF. I do get it that Flores will out-produce Verdugo (likely) but Verdugo may be more valuable later on this season or next.
                  Not totally sure. I think his upside is Melky Cabrera-ish with gold glove defense but I could be wrong.

Comment

I'd drop Duggar and Burnes, extend Yates for 1 year, and throw back the rest of the minor leaguers

Comment

12TO NL 12 teams 5x5. We can keep 10 so I have to drop two. For the farm we can keep up to 10 but we only have 6 rounds in to draft so for sure I would need to keep at least 4.

C Ramos $5 yr 2 keeping
                      1B Flores $7 yr 2 on the bubble
                      OF Margot $5 yr 2 on the bubble
                      OF Verdugo $5 yr1 keeping
                      OF Duggar $5 yr 2 likely dropping
                      OF Francy Cordero $3 yr 2 keeping

P Corbin $6 opt yr keeping
                      P Folty $8 yr 2 keeping
                      P Ryu $9 Opt yr keeping
                      P Yates $1 Opt yr keeping but would you extend him 1 yr
                      P Strop $2 yr 2 on the bubble but if Morrow has a set back
                      P Burnes $5 yr 1 keeping

Farm
                      Keibert Ruiz C | LAD keeping
                      Will Craig 3B,1B | PIT dropping
                      Lucas Erceg 3B | MIL undecided
                      Hudson Potts 3B | SD undecided
                      Ryan Vilade SS | COL undecided
                      Drew Waters OF | ATL keeping
                      DJ Peters OF | LAD undecided
                      MacKenzie Gore P | SD keeping
                      Adonis Medina P | PHI keeping
                      Cal Quantrill P | SD undecided
                      Duggar and Flores drop, not extend Yates--he is older and not all that solid an option in the first place. Take the value this year.

minors: Medina, Ruiz,Gore,maybe Waters if you have to keep 4.
                      Bearin' up!

Comment

If the farm is a separate 10 keepers, I would definitely keep Gore and Ruiz. After that I don’t think it matters much. So keep the others you IDed if you like.

Comment

In the end I dropped Flores and Duggar. For my Farm I kept 5 Ruiz, Gore, Waters, Medina and Potts. I also gave 1 yr extension to Corbin and Yates. So I spent $59 and have $206 to cover the rest of the 23 team roster plus 5 reserve spots.

Comment

Working...
                          X