Ilhan Omar controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    How many times does it have to be said that being anti Israel is not being anti sematic
    Some people seem to have a hard time with this concept. And some politicians like to try to exploit this.

And to be clear, it isn't anti-Israel, it is really opposing specific actions taken by Israel.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Some people seem to have a hard time with this concept. And some politicians like to try to exploit this.

And to be clear, it isn't anti-Israel, it is really opposing specific actions taken by Israel.
      C’mon with that nonsense.They chose not to go with the Congressional delegation, instead opting to go on a Miftah junket. Miftah isn’t a travel agency, it’s very much an anti-Semitic pro-PLO group. I am sure you know this.

Comment

• Bernie Sanders agrees with Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib on many issues with Israel (I've only seen agreement from him).

Is Bernie Sanders anti-semitic?
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
          C’mon with that nonsense.They chose not to go with the Congressional delegation, instead opting to go on a Miftah junket. Miftah isn’t a travel agency, it’s very much an anti-Semitic pro-PLO group. I am sure you know this.
          Actually i dont. I dont obsess over them like some folks
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Perhaps you should then do some research before offering an opinion on the topic.
            ‘From the river to the sea’ isn’t a catchy folk song.

Comment

Although a 30 second google.search says they didnt go on the AIPAC sponsored tour. Maybe u can provide more context
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Although a 30 second google.search says they didnt go on the AIPAC sponsored tour. Maybe u can provide more context
                They secured funding thru Miftah. Israel denied them entrance. They would have gone on Miftah’s dime if Israel had allowed them entry. What more context do you need?

Comment

They secured funding thru Miftah. Israel denied them entrance. They would have gone on Miftah’s dime if Israel had allowed them entry. What more context do you need?
                  Again--Miftah is anti Israel-NOT Anti Semitic and you're going to tell me that Trumps rhetoric had nothing to do with them cancelling the trip? Until he applied pressure, Israel had OK'd it, Miftah money and all.

Can we at least TRY to keep the Anti Israeli and Anti Semitic monikers separate and thus accurate?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Perhaps you should then do some research before offering an opinion on the topic.
                    LPerhaps I need to do a bunch of research before i comment on a political cartoon and whether it is vile and full of hatred. lol
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Again--Miftah is anti Israel-NOT Anti Semitic and you're going to tell me that Trumps rhetoric had nothing to do with them cancelling the trip? Until he applied pressure, Israel had OK'd it, Miftah money and all.

Can we at least TRY to keep the Anti Israeli and Anti Semitic monikers separate and thus accurate?
                      You’re right....nothing anti-Semitic about this:
                      Miftah, the Palestinian organization that organized Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar's trip to the West Bank, once promoted the blood libel.

Amazing people can hear Trump’s dog whistles from a mile away, but are so willing to provide a pass for anti-Semites.

Comment

You’re right....nothing anti-Semitic about this:
                        Miftah, the Palestinian organization that organized Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar's trip to the West Bank, once promoted the blood libel.

Amazing people can hear Trump’s dog whistles from a mile away, but are so willing to provide a pass for anti-Semites.
                        I'm aware of that ONE article that was taken down and apologized for and this statement issued:

It has become clear to us after investigating this incident that the article was accidentally and incorrectly published by a junior staff member. The said staffer has been reprimanded and all our staff has been informed as to the disgusting and repulsive phenomena of blood libel or accusation, including its use against Jews.

But hey, if that's not good enough for you, then I guess there's nothing left to discuss.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm aware of that ONE article that was taken down and apologized for and this statement issued:

It has become clear to us after investigating this incident that the article was accidentally and incorrectly published by a junior staff member. The said staffer has been reprimanded and all our staff has been informed as to the disgusting and repulsive phenomena of blood libel or accusation, including its use against Jews.

But hey, if that's not good enough for you, then I guess there's nothing left to discuss.
                          It’s all about the benjamins.

Comment

It’s all about the benjamins.
                            Is that a very clever pseudo double entendre?

If so, well played.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

got to say, this was a great attempt at moving the goal posts. I was just responding to JJ's BS attempt at a gotcha, and now you want to talk about something else, not at all related to whether re-tweeting was vile and anti-Semitic.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I only offered an opionion on JJ's stupid question, I wasn't doing a deep dive into the details of the trip to Israel. Try to stay on topic
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X