Ilhan Omar controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    Forgot to mention.....your rationalization for the artist’s cartoon came two posts after BFly posted he was a finalist in the Holocaust cartoon contest.
    I don't need to rationalize the cartoon. That was discussed and I don't recall anyone here calling it vile, hateful or anti-Semitic If you want to move the goal post yet one more time we could talk about the cartoonists body of work, which appears to be disturbing. I don't defend that. It is unacceptable. However, his other work is not what was discussed . So please point out where I am anti-Semitic or just admit you hate Ilhan Omar and will label anyone who doesn't also hater her as anti-Semitic.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Forgot to mention.....your rationalization for the artist’s cartoon came two posts after BFly posted he was a finalist in the Holocaust cartoon contest.
      If you or JJ wanted to talk about whether the cartoonist was a shitbag why not just bring that up from the beginning instead of trying to pretend that anyone who retweeted one of his recent cartoons is responsible for his entire lifes work. What a bunch of fucking weasels you guys are.
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I don't need to rationalize the cartoon. That was discussed and I don't recall anyone here calling it vile, hateful or anti-Semitic If you want to move the goal post yet one more time we could talk about the cartoonists body of work, which appears to be disturbing. I don't defend that. It is unacceptable. However, his other work is not what was discussed . So please point out where I am anti-Semitic or just admit you hate Ilhan Omar and will label anyone who doesn't also hater her as anti-Semitic.
        *Cartoon is mentioned.
        *Bfly posts about the artist being a finalist in Iran’s ( no great friend to Israel) Holocaust cartoon contest.
        *You post ‘I see nothing wrong with the cartoon’ and then go off on a tangent about Nadler. Somehow in your mind, Nadler is the bad guy and the cartoon (and it’s artist) are worthy of rationalization.

And for the record, I don’t hate Omar.....her story is literally incredible and perfectly encapsulates the American dream. Not a fan of her politics and her anti-Semitic trope (I’m sure you can rationalize that Benjamin’s quote) but I do not hate her at all.

Comment

If you or JJ wanted to talk about whether the cartoonist was a shitbag why not just bring that up from the beginning instead of trying to pretend that anyone who retweeted one of his recent cartoons is responsible for his entire lifes work. What a bunch of fucking weasels you guys are.
          Speaking of weasels....if a guy enters a Holocaust or KKK or (insert hate group here) contest, yeah, it’s probably not a good idea to sign off on any of his work. But you do you.

Comment

Speaking of weasels....if a guy enters a Holocaust or KKK or (insert hate group here) contest, yeah, it’s probably not a good idea to sign off on any of his work. But you do you.
            I never supported the cartoonist and that was never what the discussion was about. But keep moving the goalposts. JJ didnt even include the cartoon in his original.post yet apparently i am responsible for the guys life time of work. I already said his other stuff is unacceptable. Why do you keep.trying to say that i support it ? Why do u pretend i am anti-semitic ? Why do i keep responding to a troll ? Maybe answer some of my last questions i posted or keep trolling. Either way i am done with u. U and jj can go celebrate. U guys are awesome
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Apparently everyone needs to research the entire life of anyone they retweet. You've been warned
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Apparently everyone needs to research the entire life of anyone they retweet. You've been warned
                BFly gave you a heads up about the guy and his back story 2 posts before you said you saw nothing wrong with his cartoon. So, not really his whole life needed to be researched. I wonder why you continue not to mention what BFly wrote. Hmmmmm......

Comment

BFly gave you a heads up about the guy and his back story 2 posts before you said you saw nothing wrong with his cartoon. So, not really his whole life needed to be researched. I wonder why you continue not to mention what BFly wrote. Hmmmmm......
                  I have already explicitly said several times that his previous stuff is unacceptable. Only a complete troll like u would ignore it and try to make the conversation about that and not the tweet we were discussing. Do better

Maybe read lost 151 or 155 a few more times until it sinks in
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have already explicitly said several times that his previous stuff is unacceptable. Only a complete troll like u would ignore it and try to make the conversation about that and not the tweet we were discussing. Do better
                    Right....you knew the guy was a rabid Anti-Semite and you said you saw nothing wrong with his cartoon that portrayed Israel in a very negative light.

Comment

Right....you knew the guy was a rabid Anti-Semite and you said you saw nothing wrong with his cartoon that portrayed Israel in a very negative light.
                      God u are an idiot
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• This thread is getting too funny.

Judge Jude, what do you think of this quote from Matt Taibbi's recent article at Rolling Stone? You and I are both fans of Taibbi, so I figure he's a good source here.

Originally posted by Taibbi, Rolling Stone
                        Reporters watch as good investigative journalism about serious structural problems dies on the vine, while mountains of column space are devoted to trivialities like Trump tweets and/or simplistic partisan storylines. Nobody needs to pressure anyone. We all know what takes will and will not earn attaboys in newsrooms.
                        I think you've drunk the kool-aid on the simplistic partisan storylines of which Taibbi speaks. Taibbi himself seemingly hasn't mentioned Ilhan Omar's supposed anti-semitism. I guess he's got more important stuff to deal with.

I'm seeing the big issue here being is that right wingers don't give apologies, and they don't accept apologies. They think apologies are for suckers. So it doesn't matter to the right wing whether or not Omar has discussed her supposed anti-semitic tweets in extensive detail, apologizing for any tweet or statement that used unintentional anti-semitic tropes... it all doesn't matter. You say stuff, then we judge, then it doesn't matter if you keep talking. Not fair? Tough. The right wing just wants to pigeon-hole and attack, no shits given for nuance.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Since i need to spell it out for u. The fact that he is anti-semitic does not mean that everyone who retweets one of his cartoons is anti-semitic. Shouldnt be that hard.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Since i need to spell it out for u. The fact that he is anti-semitic does not mean that everyone who retweets one of his cartoons is anti-semitic. Shouldnt be that hard.
                            All i can conclude is that u understand neither twitter or anti-Semitism
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• One more thought. It would seem to me that the point of their retweeting this was that they felt their voices were silenced, which is what the cartoon depicted Of course it could have been the only anti-semitic tweet they could find so they retweeted it since they hate Jews. Not really that hard to figure out
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

would this be the same as anyone supporting President Trump must be or is a supporter of white supremacy? I've seen this written here at rj a few times...

Comment

Working...
                                X