Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any of these cancelled TV shows worth watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are any of these cancelled TV shows worth watching?

I hate when shows with a serialized story are cancelled without a proper ending. But are any of these shows worth watching anyway? Please no spoilers.

Colony
    Counterpart
    House of Cards - ok not really cancelled but changed dramatically
    Masters of Sex
    The Knick
    Last Man on Earth

and then all the Netflix Marvel shows:
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    The Punisher
    maybe The Defenders
    definitely skipping Iron Fist
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Daredevil seasons 1 & 2 were very good
    Both Luke Cage seasons were great
    I enjoyed Season 1 of The Punisher, haven't gotten to season 2 yet

you can skip JJ and The Defenders altogether

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Daredevil seasons 1 & 2 were very good
      Both Luke Cage seasons were great
      I enjoyed Season 1 of The Punisher, haven't gotten to season 2 yet

you can skip JJ and The Defenders altogether
      does each season have a satisfying conclusion without leaving many story threads hanging?
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I thought Jessica Jones season 1 was the best of the Netflix marvel shows. It has a decent enough story conclusion
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I thought Jessica Jones season 1 was the best of the Netflix marvel shows. It has a decent enough story conclusion
          Decent's not good enough.....it has to be satisfying.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            Decent's not good enough.....it has to be satisfying.
            eh, maybe heye is really picky and his decent is my satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              eh, maybe heye is really picky and his decent is my satisfying.
              I am not prone to extremes.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                does each season have a satisfying conclusion without leaving many story threads hanging?
                Yes. JJ season 1 was good, but I think these surpassed it.

Comment

From that list,

JJ season 1 is excellent, S2 is m'ok.

First 3 or so seasons of House of Cards are very good, and sort of stand alone.

Counterpart was very interesting, but not surprised to hear it was cancelled. But I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    +

One of the best superhero villains ever.

Comment

Masters of Sex was also really good to start, but then the story kind of repeats itself and drones on, and it kind of lost us after a couple of seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        From that list,

JJ season 1 is excellent, S2 is m'ok.

First 3 or so seasons of House of Cards are very good, and sort of stand alone.

Counterpart was very interesting, but not surprised to hear it was cancelled. But I liked it.
                        agreed on Counterpart - season 2 is still ongoing so we don't know how it ends (tho it will probably be with the implosion of the world)

And I liked Colony as a guilty pleasure - lots of people were unhappy with how it ended but I found it to be solid.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Masters of Sex was also really good to start, but then the story kind of repeats itself and drones on, and it kind of lost us after a couple of seasons.
                          Revo, I just want you to know how much self-control I have displayed here by not editing your statement. Just an FYI.
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            agreed on Counterpart - season 2 is still ongoing so we don't know how it ends (tho it will probably be with the implosion of the world)
                            looks like it already ended, at least in the US. I cant really read about whether it has a decent ending without spoilers though.

And I liked Colony as a guilty pleasure - lots of people were unhappy with how it ended but I found it to be solid.
                            Is there any way to expand on this without spoilers? I've read that everyone is separated at the end so it really doesnt seem like any sort of closure was written into the season finale which turned out to be the series finale.

Comment

I loved Counterpart and was sad to see it go. Last I heard, they were trying to get one of the streaming sites to give them a new season.

House of Cards season 5, the last with Kevin Spacey and the first without its creator, was awful. Some of the worst TV writing I'd ever seen. I would not have watched season 6 even if Spacey were still there.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X