Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any of these cancelled TV shows worth watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    looks like it already ended, at least in the US. I cant really read about whether it has a decent ending without spoilers though.

Is there any way to expand on this without spoilers? I've read that everyone is separated at the end so it really doesnt seem like any sort of closure was written into the season finale which turned out to be the series finale.
    yeah, I thought that the final episodes of this season of Counterpart hadn't aired yet but I see that they have. I just haven't seen them yet.

re: colony - it's hard to do without spoiling, but I'll just say that what I look for in a finale is consistency in wrapping up story lines ... and I felt that they were. The fact that everyone was separated in the end (that's not a spoiler since you already stated it) means that obviously it isn't a wonderful ending where everyone walks off hand in hand into the sunset ... which some people want. I don't.

This isn't what happens in colony but I'll use Thelma & Louise as a great example. You knew halfway through the movie that it wasn't going to end with them going back to normal lives. It wasn't a happy ending - but it was a consistent one, and I thought it was really well done.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      I loved Counterpart and was sad to see it go. Last I heard, they were trying to get one of the streaming sites to give them a new season.

House of Cards season 5, the last with Kevin Spacey and the first without its creator, was awful. Some of the worst TV writing I'd ever seen. I would not have watched season 6 even if Spacey were still there.
      you're smarter than I am ... I ended up watching season 6 ... my bad ... at least they didn't change the opening music & scenes, that was always a good minute and a half.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I loved Jessica Jones Season 1 but thought there was a big dropoff for Season 2. I thought both seasons of Luke Cage were great.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          you're smarter than I am ...
          I'm sure it's just the Canadian exchange rate.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            I loved Jessica Jones Season 1 but thought there was a big dropoff for Season 2. I thought both seasons of Luke Cage were great.
            Hey, look, it's Fly!
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Mrs. ITC and I loved Last Man on Earth. Very funny. There is an ending, but it's weaker than I would have liked.

Worth a watch.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                you're smarter than I am ... I ended up watching season 6 ... my bad ... at least they didn't change the opening music & scenes, that was always a good minute and a half.
                The credits were always among the best parts of the show, even in the good seasons.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

thanks for the thoughts guys...

Out of my original list I'm dropping Masters of Sex and probably Counterpart because I really dont think its going to have a satisfying conclusion after getting cancelled. I might give Colony a brief look and see if it grabs me in the first ep, if it doesnt its getting cut also.

I'll give the Marvel shows a shot, and since I'm going to try all but Iron First, I'll try the Defenders also.

Anyone ever watch The Knick? Its on the bubble...
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I enjoyed the Knick a lot, disappointed about the loose ends left after cancellation.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
                      I enjoyed the Knick a lot, disappointed about the loose ends left after cancellation.
                      thanks, probably will cross it off the list then.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        House of Cards season 5, the last with Kevin Spacey and the first without its creator, was awful. Some of the worst TV writing I'd ever seen. I would not have watched season 6 even if Spacey were still there.
                        This is spot-on. The first couple seasons were pretty damn awesome, can't remember exactly what happens in seasons 3 and 4 but I remember them being quite good, then after season 5 (and before the Spacey scandal) we agreed we just didn't care anymore.

Loved Last Man on Earth - not on par with the all-time comedy classics but always entertaining with a fun cast of characters. Since comedies don't really need satisfying endings (even high concept ones like LMoE) I'm never disappointed with how they end as long as the episodes are quality until the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X