No announcement yet.

Keeper konundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And thanks for all the help, everyone. Leaning Villar and Tatis, much as we lovvvve Senzel. Tempting to imagine Vlad, Tatis, Senzel as 22nd, 23rd, 24th round picks the next two years, however.

GITH and others, think Tatis Jr. is a lock for end of April promotion, after service time, etc? We burned a roster spot all last year waiting for Vlad Jr. and don't want to do that again. If he's up late April/early May, cool...if he's a September call-up at best, not so much.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
      Just this year and next.
      This critical info should have be in the OP.

Tatis should be up for most of the year. I think I still vote for him but Senzel and Leclerc are closer knowing it's only for 2019-2020.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

The more I think about it, play it one way or the other---for this year, Villar and LeClerc. If you want that for 2020, you have to go Tatis and Senzel.

Comment

Tatis is going to command a big contract at some point in the future. Won't the Padres keep him in AAA for the first half to gain an extra year of control? And i thought Senzel was blocked by Suarez, Puig, Schebler, Winker, & Kemp. At least until someone gets traded.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Tatis is going to command a big contract at some point in the future. Won't the Padres keep him in AAA for the first half to gain an extra year of control? And i thought Senzel was blocked by Suarez, Puig, Schebler, Winker, & Kemp. At least until someone gets traded.
            Tatis only needs to be down a couple of weeks to get an extra year of control. Half of the year avoids the extra year of arbitration (Super 2). None of the ones you mention actually play center field regarding Senzel. The question is whether Senzel can.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              This critical info should have be in the OP.

Tatis should be up for most of the year. I think I still vote for him but Senzel and Leclerc are closer knowing it's only for 2019-2020.
              Yes, I did mention that guys taken as free agents, which most of the players I listed were, are eligible to be kept for this year and next. But it wasn’t super clear, admittedly. And agree, been waffling on Tatis now because he and Vlad
              will both likely not be up until May. And closer is pretty thin (LeClerc) but we might have to bite the bullet and take only 5 mos of Tatis and Vlad this season to hopefully ensure full stud seasons next year.

One late consideration: C is stupidly thin, even more than usual. There’s Realmuto, then a drop to Sanchez, then utter shut. Might it be worth keeping Mejia, knowing even with Hedges timeshare/350ish ABs he COULD match production of most 400+ AB catchers?

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              UTIL- Benintendi
              IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                Yes, I did mention that guys taken as free agents, which most of the players I listed were, are eligible to be kept for this year and next. But it wasn’t super clear, admittedly. And agree, been waffling on Tatis now because he and Vlad
                will both likely not be up until May. And closer is pretty thin (LeClerc) but we might have to bite the bullet and take only 5 mos of Tatis and Vlad this season to hopefully ensure full stud seasons next year.

One late consideration: C is stupidly thin, even more than usual. There’s Realmuto, then a drop to Sanchez, then utter shut. Might it be worth keeping Mejia, knowing even with Hedges timeshare/350ish ABs he COULD match production of most 400+ AB catchers?
                I think you answered your own question on the Catcher item. There's Realmuto, then Sanchez, then for me (although you did not mention), there is one more tier with Grandal/Contreras/Ramos/Molina. After that they are all very similar. I don't think there's a need to "keep" one of those similar catchers, if you lose Mejia just get another one that is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I think you answered your own question on the Catcher item. There's Realmuto, then Sanchez, then for me (although you did not mention), there is one more tier with Grandal/Contreras/Ramos/Molina. After that they are all very similar. I don't think there's a need to "keep" one of those similar catchers, if you lose Mejia just get another one that is the same.
                  Thanks. Agreed 100%.

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  UTIL- Benintendi